Garland, Texas Substance Use Statistics And Treatment Options
Many people throughout Garland and surrounding Dallas County have been impacted by substance use disorders. Fortunately, several treatment centers provide services to residents in this area.
Substance Use Statistics In Garland And Dallas County, Texas
Substance use disorders impact people throughout Garland and Dallas County. Consider some statistics that highlight how addiction affects this region:
- During 2017, there were approximately 13.01 drug overdose deaths for every 100,000 people living within Dallas County.
- The drug overdose death rate in this county is significantly higher than the average rate calculated for the state of Texas during the same year, which was approximately 10.56 deaths per 100,000 people.
- The drug overdose death rate in Dallas County is still lower than the national average for 2017, which was approximately 21.7 fatal overdoses for every 100,000 people in the country.
- The drug overdose death rate has trended upward in Dallas County over the past two years. This indicates that substance use is becoming more widespread and severe in the area.
- At this time, there are no state-licensed addiction treatment facilities located within Garland. However, you can find a total of seven addiction treatment facilities in other parts of Dallas County.
- Both residential and outpatient treatment options are available to patients within Dallas County.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Addiction Treatment In Garland, Texas
The city of Garland does not offer any addiction treatment centers within its borders. However, you can find other options throughout Dallas County.
Depending on your preferences, you may choose an inpatient or outpatient treatment program. Professional detox programs are also available close to the city of Garland. Learn more about your various recovery options that are available.
Regardless of your history or current situation, withdrawing from drugs or alcohol is never easy. During this time, you may experience uncomfortable or even dangerous physical changes.
You may also deal with intense cravings. You can simplify withdrawal by enrolling in a professional detox program, which helps to stabilize and prepare you for rehab.
Inpatient Addiction Treatment
For patients who want highly structured and supportive treatment, inpatient care is usually the best option. When you select an inpatient program, you’ll be carefully supervised to prevent relapse and ensure adherence to the program.
Most inpatient programs include a variety of services, and many of these programs are customized to meet the needs of each patient. The length of an inpatient treatment program varies, with longer treatment programs offering better success rates.
Outpatient Care in Garland
If you choose an outpatient treatment program, you’ll only be required to come to the treatment center when you have a scheduled session.
Although these programs allow for more freedom, they may also have lower success rates. For this reason, outpatient treatment is primarily recommended for patients who have a good support system or have already completed an inpatient program.
Medication-Assisted Treatment in Garland
If you think you could benefit from medication during the addiction recovery process, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) may be the best choice.
MAT programs combine medication with behavioral therapy to boost success rates and give you the best chance of recovering from your opioid or alcohol use disorder. These programs may be available from inpatient or outpatient facilities.
Aftercare Planning And Services
Receiving ongoing support from the addiction recovery community after you finish treatment dramatically increases your chances of staying sober.
For this reason, it’s important to choose a program that includes aftercare planning. Examples of aftercare services that may be beneficial include sober living, peer recovery support and 12-step meetings.
How To Pay For Alcohol Or Drug Rehab
If you have health insurance coverage, a large portion of your treatment expenses may be covered. Any balance owed can be paid with cash or credit.
However, regardless of your situation, it’s important to contact both your health insurer and the treatment facility to verify your expenses before you enroll.
Vertava Health Help
While enrolled in treatment at our facility, you’ll receive customized services designed specifically to maximize your chances of success in treatment. To learn more, please contact us today.Article Sources
National Center for Health Statistics - https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data-visualization/drug-poisoning-mortality/index.htm#dashboard
University of Texas at Austin - https://socialwork.utexas.edu/dl/ari/texas-drug-trends-2018.pdf