5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Arkansas
Thousands of individuals in Arkansas report abusing drugs or alcohol, but only a fraction of those people actually receive treatment for addiction. Fortunately, Arkansas offers several different rehabilitation facilities committed to serving the needs of each individual.
The Top Five Arkansas Rehab Centers
Arkansas is home to a number of different rehab centers, but the quality of care varies widely. The following quality rehab centers are based on positive outcomes, evidence-based practices, and accreditation.
1. Recovery Centers of Arkansas, Little Rock
Recovery Centers of Arkansas is the largest provider of substance abuse treatment in the state and the first to receive accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). This treatment facility offers treatment programs based on the twelve steps, while also incorporating all of the latest techniques in substance abuse treatment.
2. Quapaw House, Hot Springs
Quapaw House is dedicated to providing programs that offer high-quality addiction treatment at an affordable price. This facility focuses on holistic treatment, treating all aspects of addiction by addressing each individual’s mind, body, and spirit. Offered programs include detoxification, residential treatment, and outpatient treatment.
3. Quality Living Center, Little Rock
Founded in 2002, Quality Living Center accommodates both men and women suffering from addiction. This facility offers both inpatient and outpatient treatment to accommodate the needs of every individual. Transitional living is also available for those who have completed a treatment program but want to gain better independent living skills to maintain their sobriety.
4. Harbor House, Fort Smith
Harbor House manages both the Gateway Recovery Center and the Harbor Recovery Center. The Gateway Recovery Center serves women, while the Harbor Recovery Center serves men. Services available from this facility include an intensive outpatient program, an inpatient program, transitional living services, and specialized treatment for co-occurring disorders.
5. Youth Bridge, Fayetteville
Youth Bridge is a program that provides substance abuse treatment specifically for children. In many cases, the children receiving treatment at this facility are also dealing with complex life situations, such as homelessness, mental health issues, or sexual abuse. Youth Bridge offers inpatient services, outpatient treatment, and school-based services.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
Arkansas Substance Abuse Statistics
Like elsewhere in the country, prescription drugs, opioids, alcohol, and other illicit substances are taking a toll on the people of Arkansas. Here are some troubling statistics:
- Nearly 7 percent of people aged 12 and over struggled with alcohol dependence or abuse during 2014, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- SAMHSA also reports that only 10.7 percent of people suffering from alcohol addiction received the treatment they needed during 2014.
- The rate of overdose deaths in Arkansas has been increasing in recent years, climbing to 14 per 100,000 people in 2016, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- SAMHSA reports that approximately 9.3 percent of youths in Arkansas are using illicit drugs.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Arkansas
Rehab programs are designed to assist people as they work to overcome an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. When looking for a treatment program, people should consider many different factors, including:
- Accreditation: Accreditation organizations set standards of care and include the Joint Commission, the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehab Facilities (CARF), and the state of Arkansas.
- Evidence-Based Approaches: Evidence-based treatment consists of medications, therapies, or the combination of both, which is based on scientific research and shown to be effective.
- Length/Location: Program length is usually determined after an individual assessment, and may include short-term or long-term stays, ranging from around 30 days to six months. In some cases, travel may be required to enter a quality program.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: Some treatment facilities offer aftercare and alumni services, which are designed to help clients maintain a healthy lifestyle after they leave the treatment program.
- Payment: Rehab centers may accept insurance, but each insurance plan is different. Check with the insurance provider or rehab center to determine if the plan covers the program. Private pay, scholarships, and crowdsourcing are other payment options.
Arkansas Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
Addiction treatment programs offer a variety of services to help people overcome their substance use disorders and develop coping skills. Some of the most common services available at treatment centers in Arkansas include:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Detox programs are designed to help people eliminate alcohol or drugs from their system, preparing them for additional treatment. Some programs include medication and medical supervision.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): Medication-assisted treatment, or MAT, involves administering medication to help lessen dependence and reduce drug cravings. MAT is combined with behavioral therapy for a whole-person approach.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy is an evidence-based approach that aims to identify unhealthy behaviors and replace them with healthy ones. Common therapies include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Many people entering rehab programs also struggle with mental illness. Dual diagnosis programs are designed to treat both disorders at the same time.
Finding Addiction Treatment
Choosing the right rehab facility can seem overwhelming at first. To identify the best option, consider individual treatment goals and preferences. Reaching out for help can determine the best route of care, and in some cases, travel may be required to maximize the chances of success.
*Any rehab centers mentioned in this article are not affiliated with RehabCenter.net