Minnesota Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers
Thousands of people in the state of Minnesota struggle with an addiction to drugs or alcohol. In fact, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) reports that approximately 15,000 people in the state receive treatment for illicit drug use every year.
The Top Five Minnesota Rehab Centers
In the state of Minnesota, the best treatment centers are those that offer high-quality treatment with a superior success rate. Here are some of the most highly-regarded rehab centers within the state:
1. Project Turnabout, Granite Falls
Originally established in 1971, Project Turnabout provides treatment to men, women, and families affected by addiction. This facility offers an inpatient program, outpatient program, and continuing care. Project Turnabout also operates a transitional living program for men.
2. Hazelden Betty Ford, Center City
The Hazelden Betty Ford Clinic has provided addiction treatment services since 1949. Inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, and detoxification are available at this facility. Other services include individual therapy, group therapy, medical services, wellness activities, and more.
3. Club Recovery, Edina
Located in Edina, Club Recovery is an outpatient treatment center that has been in operation since 1998. This facility incorporates cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and a variety of other treatment approaches. All programs are customized to meet individual needs.
4. New Beginnings, Waverly
New Beginnings Recovery has been providing effective addiction treatment services for the last 35 years. The programs at this facility use a combination of 12-step treatment, cognitive behavioral therapy, and motivational interviewing. Both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs are available, depending on the needs of the client.
5. New Life Treatment Center, Woodstock
New Life Treatment Center is a residential treatment facility located in a rural setting, allowing clients to relax as they focus on their recovery. New Life Treatment Center has been in operation since 1977 and continues to provide consistent care.
Don't wait. Get help now.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
Minnesota Substance Abuse Statistics
The rate of substance abuse in the state of Minnesota is close to the national average, affecting thousands of people across the state. Here are some statistics highlighting the seriousness of substance abuse in Minnesota:
- Approximately 286,000 people over the age of 12 in Minnesota were dependent on or abused alcohol in 2014, according to SAMHSA
- SAMHSA also reports less than 16 percent of people abusing illicit drugs received the treatment they needed during 2014.
- According to the Minnesota Judicial Branch, heroin-related deaths quadrupled from 2000 to 2013 in the state of Minnesota.
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse reports 396 people died of opioid overdose in 2016.
- In 2015, Minnesota healthcare providers distributed 54.2 prescriptions per every 100 people in the state, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Minnesota
For inpatient programs, patients live onsite and fully immerse themselves in treatment, which can improve outcomes. Before choosing an inpatient rehab program, there are many different factors to consider, including:
- Accreditation: Accreditation means a rehab program has met certain standards set by oversight organizations, such as CARF or the Joint Commission. Programs may also become certified by the state of Minnesota.
- Evidence-based Approaches: In general, it’s best to opt for evidence-based treatment approaches, which are methods based on the results of scientific studies and proven to be effective.
- Length/Location: Individual assessments often determine the length of treatment, which ranges from a few weeks to six months, a year, or longer. In some cases, traveling out-of-state may be necessary to enter the best program for the person.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: Aftercare and alumni services support clients after finishing a recovery program. Finding a program that offers these services is highly recommended, as they can help clients maintain sobriety.
- Payment: Treatment programs may accept insurance and/or self-pay. Clients looking to use insurance should check the specifics of their insurance policy and touch base with the rehab center to verify services will be covered.
Minnesota Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
Treatment programs in the state of Minnesota offer a variety of services to help clients overcome addiction. Although the type of treatment varies, some effective services and programs include:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Detoxification programs assist clients as they experience uncomfortable symptoms of withdrawal, providing safety and support. Although not considered treatment for addiction, detox programs help prepare a person for rehabilitation.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): Medication-assisted treatment programs provide patients with government-approved medications to manage cravings and promote engagement in treatment.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy focuses on treating addiction by helping clients identify and change behaviors and thoughts that contribute to their addiction. Therapy also helps clients develop coping skills to avoid relapse.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): In many cases, other mental health conditions, like personality disorders or depression, co-occur with addiction. Dual diagnosis programs treat both conditions at the same time to improve the chances of successful recovery.
Finding Addiction Treatment
People struggling with substance abuse must reach out for help to overcome addiction. To find the best program for their needs, consider individuals circumstances. Be ready to travel for quality treatment if necessary, and recognize there is no one-size-fits-all solution to recovery.
*Any rehab centers mentioned in this article are not affiliated with RehabCenter.net
Cities with Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Minnesota
Minnesota Judicial Branch—Drug Abuse Trends in Minnesota - http://www.mncourts.gov/Documents/0/Public/Drug_Court/Falkowski_2015-_Handout-MN_Trends_Revised.pptx.pdf
National Institute on Drug Abuse—Minnesota Opioid Summary - https://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/minnesota-opioid-summary
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—Behavioral Health Barometer, Minnesota 2015 - https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/2015_Minnesota_BHBarometer.pdf