6 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Florida
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that more than 5,400 people died from an overdose in Florida during 2017. Many of these deaths could have been prevented if individuals had access to proper addiction and substance abuse treatment. Fortunately, Florida has several rehab options for those in need.
The Top 6 Florida Rehab Centers
Addiction treatment is available from a number of different facilities in the state of Florida. The best facilities are those that provide high-quality treatment services that lead to lasting recovery. Here are five:
1. Stepping Stone Center for Recovery, Jacksonville
The Stepping Stone Center for Recovery offers several programs to treat substance use disorders, including inpatient detox, inpatient rehab, partial hospitalization, and an intensive outpatient program. The Stepping Stone Center also offers aftercare services to help graduates adjust to their lives outside of treatment.
2. Fairwinds Treatment Center, Clearwater
The Fairwinds Treatment Center provides uses programs that focus on the 12-step philosophy while incorporating other practices from therapeutic and medical communities. The Fairwinds Treatment Center has one of the highest staff-to-patient ratios in the industry.
3. White Sands Treatment, Tampa and Fort Myers
White Sands Treatment provides a peaceful setting and a personalized recovery experience. Both locations offer pools, massage therapy, salon services, and a fitness center, as well as outdoor space for recreation and relaxation. Levels of care at White Sands include medical detox, residential treatment, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient programs.
4.Transformations Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center, Delray Beach
The Transformations Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center offers a variety of programs including detox programs, programs designed for young adults, programs for older adults, and faith-based treatments. This treatment center employs a wide range of therapies, including music therapy, adventure therapy, and more.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
5. First Step Addiction Recovery Programs, Sarasota
First Step Addiction Recovery Programs uses the 12-step approach to recovery. This facility offers several different treatments to benefit special populations, including pregnant mothers, mothers with infants, those with co-occurring disorders, and convicted non-violent felons. Generalized treatment programs are also available.
6. Florida Center for Recovery, Fort Pierce
Located in central Florida, the Florida Center for Recovery has provided addiction treatment since 2002. Both inpatient and outpatient treatment services are available, and the Florida Center for Recovery uses cognitive behavior therapy, acupuncture, meditation, yoga, art therapy, rapid resolution therapy, and others.
Florida Substance Abuse Statistics
Substance abuse in the state of Florida is a serious issue. Here are some statistics that paint a picture of the severity of substance abuse in this state:
- Substance use disorders affect approximately 6-8 percent of the population, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- According to Florida Health, admissions for substance abuse treatment related to heroin have increased considerably in recent years.
- Florida Health also reports that mortality rates for certain prescription drugs, including morphine and fentanyl, have been rising sharply.
- NBC News reports that nearly 4,000 people died of opioid overdose in Florida during 2015, accounting for 12 percent of all opioid overdoses nationwide.
- According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the death rate related to opioid overdose in Florida is 14.4 per 100,000 people, which is higher than the national average.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Florida
Rehab programs are designed to help people who suffer from addiction achieve and maintain sobriety. Many people opt for inpatient treatment, which are intensive programs that immerse people in a structured environment. Quality rehab programs should also include:
- Accreditation: Rehab centers that meet quality standards qualify for accreditation from various organizations, including the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehab Facilities (CARF), the Joint Commission, and the state of Florida.
- Evidence-Based Approaches: An evidence-based approach to treatment is built on the results of scientific studies, indicating a rehab center is using proven methods to treat addiction.
- Length/Location: The length of treatment varies, with some programs lasting only a few weeks and others lasting for months. In addition, many quality programs may require travel and leaving a person’s local environment.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: After leaving the program, clients may have access to aftercare and alumni services, like support groups or counseling, that are designed to help them maintain healthy lifestyles.
- Payment: Rehab programs are paid for by out-of-pocket expenses, insurance, or both. Many insurance plans cover the cost of treatment but check with an insurance provider for more information.
Florida Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
The state of Florida is home to a number of treatment centers, all of which offer a different approach and perspective on substance abuse treatment. Some of the common services and programs provided include:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: During the process of detoxification, people may experience withdrawal symptoms and cravings for drugs or alcohol. Detox programs provide medical and psychological services designed to help clients through this process.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): Clients recovering from substance abuse face strong cravings, even after detox is complete. Medication-assisted treatment combines certain medications designed to reduce these cravings with other therapies to improve the treatment experience and outcome.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy encourages people to take an active role in their recovery by changing the thoughts and behaviors that lead to drug or alcohol use. Cognitive behavioral therapy is widely regarded as the standard for mental health issues like addiction.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Dual diagnosis programs treat clients diagnosed with a mental health disorder, like schizophrenia or post-traumatic stress disorder, and a substance use disorder. These programs treat both disorders simultaneously and use an integrated approach.
Finding Addiction Treatment
Searching for the right addiction treatment program can seem like an overwhelming task, but finding appropriate treatment is essential for anyone struggling with substance abuse. To maximize the chances of recovery, people should choose a rehab center based on their own specific needs and be willing to travel.
*Any rehab centers mentioned in this article are not affiliated with RehabCenter.net