Dallas, Texas Substance Use Statistics And Treatment Options
Substance use disorders are common among adolescents and adults. Fortunately, Dallas is a large city that offers plenty of options for people who struggle with substance misuse.
Substance Use Statistics In Dallas And Dallas County, Texas
Substance use is a serious problem throughout Dallas, which is one of the largest and most populated cities in the state of Texas. Here are some statistics that highlight the severity of substance use disorders in this area:
- The drug overdose death rate in Dallas County during 2017 was 13.01 deaths per 100,000 people.
- The drug overdose death rate in this area is lower than the average for the United States as a whole, which was 21.7 per 100,000 people during the same year.
- Although the drug overdose death rate for Dallas County is lower than the national average, it is still higher than the average for the state of Texas.
- For 2017, the drug overdose death rate across the state of Texas was calculated at 10.56.
- Dallas County’s drug overdose death rate has increased over the past two years, indicating an increase in substance use disorders.
- Dallas ranks methamphetamine as the most threatening drug, followed by cocaine, prescription drugs, and heroin. These rankings are based on data related to deaths, treatment admissions, toxicology reports, and calls to poison control.
- There are a total of four state-licensed treatment facilities with an address in Dallas.
- Three additional treatment facilities are available in other cities located within Dallas County.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Addiction Treatment Options In Dallas, Texas
When comparing different treatment programs, patients should always look for a program that offers customized services to improve success rates. Customized services may include a combination of detox, inpatient care, outpatient care, MAT, and more.
Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs
Many professional treatment programs require patients to complete detox before admission. Drug and alcohol detox programs provide patients with much-needed support during this difficult process, providing medication and other services.
Depending on your needs and preferences, as we well as your budget, you may complete detox residentially or as an outpatient.
Inpatient Addiction Treatment
For most patients struggling with substance use disorders, inpatient treatment will be the most effective option. Inpatient programs require patients to remain at the treatment facility until the program is complete.
These programs are highly structured, offering continuous support and supervision at all hours of the day and night. Inpatient programs may include a variety of services, including both evidence-based and alternative treatments.
In many cases, interactions with peers will be emphasized. Patients in Dallas can take advantage of the effective, customized inpatient programs available from the Treehouse in nearby Scurry.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment
If you don’t require as much supervision while receiving treatment for your substance use disorder, or if you have already completed inpatient treatment, you may benefit from an outpatient addiction treatment program.
These programs are ideal for patients who have solid support systems at home. As with inpatient programs, a variety of services may be offered.
A medication-assisted treatment (MAT) program improves success rates by incorporating specific medications into treatment protocols.
Examples of medications that may be used include suboxone and methadone. MAT is available for patients who have addictions to alcohol or opioids. These programs may be offered on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
Aftercare Planning And Services
After completing an addiction treatment program, you may need ongoing support to maintain sobriety. For this reason, aftercare planning and aftercare services are an important part of any treatment plan.
- For the best results, select a treatment facility that offers aftercare to all patients.
- Some examples of aftercare services include 12-step meetings and sober-living housing.
How To Pay For Alcohol Or Drug Rehab
Most patients will be able to cover a substantial portion of their rehab expenses with health insurance. The remainder of your expenses can be paid with cash or a credit card.
Remember to verify coverage and specific expenses before enrolling in treatment by contacting your health insurance company and/or your treatment facility.
Virtual Care Is Available With Regard Healthcare
If you’re unable to attend treatment sessions in person, you can still receive the services you need via virtual care.
Regard Healthcare from Addiction Campuses provides virtual care services for patients with substance use and mental health disorders on an on-demand basis. A variety of options are available to meet the needs of any patient.
Regard Healthcare Texas
Residents of Dallas can travel to Regard Healthcare Texas in less than 40 minutes, making it an ideal choice for both inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment.
At our facility, you can relax on 65 picturesque acres while working toward a lasting recovery from addiction. Regard Healthcare Texas accepts patients with all types of substance use disorders, including those complicated by co-occurring mental health conditions.
For more information, please reach out to us today.Article Sources
National Center for Health Statistics - https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data-visualization/drug-poisoning-mortality/index.htm#dashboard
University of Texas at Austin - https://socialwork.utexas.edu/dl/ari/texas-drug-trends-2018.pdf