Conroe, Texas Substance Use Statistics And Treatment Options
Montgomery County and Conroe have experienced high numbers of drug overdoses in recent years. Several facilities for recovery are in the county, and there are many other options to consider close by.
Substance Use Statistics In Conroe And Montgomery County, Texas
- Montgomery County had 239 deaths due to drug overdoses from 2016 through 2018.
- There were 98 drug-related deaths in the county in 2017.
- From 2016 to 2017, reportable criminal incidents on campuses in the Conroe Independent School District increased by 46 percent compared to one year earlier.
- Out of 57 criminal incidents, 36 involved a felony controlled substance.
- In 2017, roughly 50 percent of blood tests in DWI investigations in Montgomery County revealed controlled substances.
- Between 60 and 70 percent of all crime in the county was related to substance use in 2017.
- From 2016 through June 2017, Montgomery County had 99 drug-related deaths.
- Twenty percent of Montgomery County adults admitted to binge drinking in 2017.
- In 2017, Montgomery County’s rate of opioid prescriptions was 55.7 percent per 100 residents.
- Montgomery County has 60 providers licensed to provide buprenorphine for opioid addictions as of 2020.
- There are also seven facilities that offer treatment for drug and alcohol addictions, including three that offer medication-assisted treatment.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Addiction Treatment Options In Conroe, Texas
As you compare options, choose one that has individualized care. This type of treatment plan includes services that meet your needs specifically, such as co-occurring treatment for mental health problems.
Drug And Alcohol Detox Programs
Going without drugs or alcohol in your system means you may experience withdrawal, which can cause serious symptoms.
Detox programs, especially those that include medical monitoring, ensure that you get timely help and support for more severe withdrawal symptoms. These programs may be offered on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Inpatient Treatment in Conroe
If you’ve been suffering from a severe addiction, you may need to consider inpatient care. Inpatient programs involve living in a rehab facility for a few weeks or more. During your stay, you’ll have nurses, counselors, and other professionals looking after you.
These facilities also have around-the-clock supervision, making them safer than recovering at home. Various forms of treatment are offered with inpatient care, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, stress reduction classes, and other recovery options.
Outpatient Drug Rehab in Conroe
If you have a mild addiction, outpatient care might offer a more appropriate level of treatment and support than inpatient care.
You might also enter outpatient care after completing an inpatient treatment program. Outpatient care involves visiting a rehab facility during the week for therapy sessions and other services.
If you have an addiction to certain substances, such as alcohol or opioids, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) might offer the most suitable approach.
These programs include specialized care for these kinds of addictions. You’ll take medication, such as methadone, to help reduce your risk of relapse. You’ll also have therapy sessions to attend during this kind of program.
Aftercare Planning And Services
Finishing an inpatient or outpatient rehab program doesn’t mean you don’t need support anymore. Aftercare planning ensures that you’re able to get ongoing care after completing a rehab program.
This might mean having access to recovery coaching, 12-step programs, sober-living housing, or other aftercare services.
How To Pay For Alcohol Or Drug Rehab
Healthcare insurance plans are often used to pay for rehab services. Since these plans can include partial or full coverage for rehab programs and services, it’s important to contact your insurance company and the treatment center for detailed information on the amount of coverage you have.
Virtual Care Is Available With Vertava Health
With virtual care and other online services from Vertava Health, you can get prompt treatment for mental health issues, including addiction. This virtual care platform provides private and confidential treatment around your schedule to fit your needs.
We offer outdoor activities that include hiking, zip lines, wilderness meditation, and survival skills training. Art therapy, behavioral therapy, and many other treatment services are available as well. For more information, please contact us today.Article Sources
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/138/data
Texas A&M University Center for Community Health Development - https://cchd.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/2019-BVHSA-Report_FINAL.pdf