Houston, Texas Substance Use Statistics And Treatment Options
Houston and its surrounding counties have reported substance use issues over the past few years, including fatal overdoses. There are multiple professional treatment options available in Houston and throughout Texas.
Substance Use Statistics In Houston And Harris/Fort Bend/Montgomery Counties, Texas
- From 2014 to 2018, Harris County had 749 driving deaths involving alcohol.
- Fort Bend County had 143 alcohol-impaired driving deaths during this time, while Montgomery County reported 93 of these deaths.
- Between 2016 and 2018, there were 1,650 drug overdose deaths in Harris County, 143 of these deaths in Fort Bend County, and 239 deaths in Montgomery County.
- In 2017, there were 536 drug-related deaths in Harris County, 41 deaths in Fort Bend County, and 98 deaths in Montgomery County.
- In 2017, the rate of opioid prescriptions in Harris County was 42.4 per 100 people, 35.8 per 100 people in Fort Bend County, and 55.7 per 100 people in Montgomery County.
- As of 2020, Harris County has 550 providers licensed for buprenorphine and 65 substance use disorder treatment centers, including 32 offering medication-assisted treatment programs.
- Fort Bend County has 67 providers licensed for buprenorphine and four addiction treatment centers with two offering medication-assisted treatment.
- Montgomery County has 60 providers licensed for buprenorphine and seven addiction treatment centers with three offering medication-assisted treatment.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Addiction Treatment Options In Houston, Texas
Knowing how to choose the right treatment program can be difficult, especially with several options to consider. Above all else, you should find a program that has personalized treatment plans for addiction recovery, since these will include services that meet your needs.
Personalized treatment plans in Texas may include any of the following program options.
Drug And Alcohol Detox Programs
Being without alcohol or drugs can put your body under severe strain when withdrawal occurs. Medically assisted or monitored detox programs offer supportive services that can help make withdrawal easier to handle.
Detox programs do not include treatment for addiction, but they do help you mentally and physically prepare for treatment.
Inpatient Addiction Treatment
Being in an inpatient rehab program can give you the support and treatment you need for a full recovery from a severe addiction. Inpatient programs occur in facilities with 24-hour supervision and have counselors, doctors, and other professionals available for treatment and support.
Peers are also at these facilities, likely providing you with added emotional support. Inpatient rehab centers include several services for substance use disorder recovery, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, life skills training, and addiction education.
Outpatient Drug Rehab
Being in an outpatient rehab program can provide you with the appropriate amount of support for a mild addiction. Since you don’t have to stay in a treatment center for this type of rehab, you can still work as needed.
Outpatient programs have various treatment levels available, including day treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, and traditional outpatient treatment.
Being in a medication-assisted treatment program offers specialized care and support for those who have opioid or alcohol addictions.
These addictions put you at a higher risk of relapse and severe withdrawal symptoms. Medication-assisted treatment combines therapy and medication to reduce these risks.
Aftercare Planning And Services
Aftercare planning can help you stay sober after you’re finished with a rehab program. These services provide help as you adjust to sober living through various means, such as recovery housing, 12-Step programs, employment assistance, and community resources.
How To Pay For Alcohol Or Drug Rehab
Personal insurance plans can help you pay for the cost of rehab. It’s important to reach out to the rehab center and your insurance provider to accurately determine how much coverage you have and what kinds of rehab services are included in your insurance plan.
Virtual Care Is Available With Vertava Health
If you can’t go to a rehab facility in person, you don’t have to put off getting help. Vertava Health offers virtual services for those who struggle with substance use or mental health. You can use these services to receive immediate support and assistance.
Vertava Health Texas
Vertava Health Texas, which is around 225 miles from Houston, provides different levels of care and multiple services for recovery.
Our campus has behavioral therapy and traditional forms of treatment available, as well as art therapy and other expressive therapies. We have outdoor activities like hiking, fishing, and horseback riding available as well. To learn more, please reach out to us today.Article Sources
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/134/data
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/138/data