Bryan, Texas Substance Use Statistics And Treatment Options
The misuse of opioids and other substances has been a problem in Brazos County and Bryan over the past few years. The county has a low number of addiction treatment facilities, but others are available close by and throughout Texas.
Substance Use Statistics In Bryan And Brazos County, Texas
- Brazos County had a total of 25 drug overdose deaths occur between 2016 and 2018.
- The rate of alcohol-related motor vehicle deaths in Brazos County from 2013 to 2017 was 24.2 percent, which was slightly higher than the 23.6 percent rate for the Greater Brazos Valley during this time.
- In 2016, 20.1 percent of adults in Brazos County admitted to drinking excessively, which was higher than the 19.2 percentage of adults who self-reported excessive drinking in the Greater Brazos Valley region.
- In 2017, Brazos County had an opioid prescription rate of 47.9 per 100 individuals.
- In 2019, roughly 3.8 percent of residents in Brazos County had been diagnosed with a drug or alcohol addiction.
- Roughly 39 percent of 2019 health assessment survey respondents reported illegal drug use as a perceived community issue in the Greater Brazos Valley region.
- As of 2020, fifteen providers in Brazos County are licensed for buprenorphine for opioid use disorders.
- The county has a total of four facilities that provide substance abuse treatment, including one that offers medication-assisted treatment for opioid and alcohol addictions.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Addiction Treatment Options In Bryan, Texas
Drug and alcohol rehab programs offer varying services and treatment approaches, which differ in terms of how effective they are.
You’ll find that the most effective programs are ones offering personalized treatment plans. Regard Healthcare Texas, which is around 150 miles from Bryan, provides these types of individualized treatment plans to help ensure you receive appropriate recovery services.
Drug And Alcohol Detox Programs
Going through withdrawal from alcohol or drugs can lead to several mental and physical symptoms.
It’s important to make sure you’re safe and have access to prompt treatment if needed during this time, which a medically assisted or supervised detox program can provide. You should be ready to start an addiction treatment program afterwards.
Inpatient Addiction Treatment
When you’re working on overcoming a severe addiction, inpatient treatment programs offer the level of care you’re likely to need. You’ll receive care from qualified professionals, including physicians, counselors, and nurses, while undergoing treatment.
These facilities also have 24-hour supervision for added safety. Services offered at inpatient facilities vary and might include cognitive behavioral therapy, stress reduction, and life skills classes. On-site amenities for recreational purposes might be available as well.
Outpatient Drug Rehab
When you have a mild addiction to overcome, you might do well with an outpatient treatment program. This type of program involves only visiting a rehab center to go to behavioral therapy sessions during the week.
Partial hospitalization, intensive, and traditional outpatient care programs offer varying levels of care depending on how much you need.
Alcohol and opioid addictions can be more difficult to recover from due to increased risks of relapses. Being in medication-assisted treatment (MAT) programs offers an effective way to overcome these addictions.
MAT programs use medication, such as Suboxone or methadone, to help ease opioid or alcohol cravings and dependence. Behavioral therapy is also a component with this type of treatment.
Aftercare Planning And Services
Having continuing support in different forms can help you stay away from alcohol or drugs.
Aftercare planning and services provide ongoing support in various ways, such as offering sober living housing or employment assistance. Other services that might be available include recovery coaching or 12-step programs.
How To Pay For Alcohol Or Drug Rehab
Private insurance policies sometimes have partial or full coverage for rehab services and programs.
You’ll need to contact your insurance company, as well as the rehab center you’re going to, in order to find out how much coverage you have and what kinds of addiction treatment services it includes.
Virtual Care Is Available With Regard Healthcare
Regard Healthcare offers a way for you to get help for substance use and mental health disorders without needing to leave home.
These virtual or online services make it possible to get assistance and support from licensed professionals. This is a good option when you’re unable to physically travel to a treatment center for care.
Regard Healthcare Texas
Regard Healthcare Texas, which is located around 155 miles from Bryan, provides several programs and services for rehab. Our campus has an outdoor program that offers survival skills training, hiking, zip lines, wilderness meditation, and more.
Other services, such as behavioral therapy, meditation for stress management, and art therapy, are also available. To learn more about Regard Healthcare Texas, please connect with us today.Article Sources
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/138/data
Texas A&M University Center for Community Health Development - https://cchd.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/2019-BVHSA-Report_FINAL.pdf