Top Drug Rehab Centers in Annapolis, Maryland
Annapolis, the capital city of Maryland, is a place where many residents turn for help with substance abuse issues. Fortunately, the city’s size allows it to offer ample addiction treatment centers close to home. Explore substance abuse treatment in Annapolis, Maryland, from intensive outpatient programs to low-intensity residential care.
Substance Abuse In Annapolis And Anne Arundel County
Arundel County, which includes the city of Annapolis, has one of the highest addiction-related death rates in the state of Maryland. Some substance abuse facts worth considering include:
- In 2017, Anne Arundel County experienced 214 deaths due to drugs or alcohol.
- This was the third highest number out of all Maryland counties.
- The majority of those deaths (152) were due to fentanyl.
- Heroin was found in 118 of the deaths.
- In 43 of the deaths, prescription opioids were present.
Baltimore Business Journal - https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2018/07/27/opioids-continue-towreak-havoc-in-maryland-heres.html