Teen Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers In North Dakota

Teen Rehab Centers in North DakotaTeens that begin using drugs and alcohol are much more likely to get addicted because their brains are still developing. The area of the brain that controls impulse behavior is immature. This is one reason drug treatment centers have separate programs for adolescents that abuse alcohol or drugs. Substance abuse treatment is based on the stage of the addiction, but for teens, finding ways to live without using drugs takes special care.

Teen Drug Abuse Statistics

The adolescent years are confusing, so teens in every state are vulnerable. The National Institute on Drug Abuse estimates 9.7 percent of 8th graders have tried alcohol and 8.1 percent had used drugs. That number goes up as teens grow older. By 12th grade, 35.3 percent are drinking and 23.6 use drugs.

Midwestern states like North Dakota fair a little better compared to the national averages. The Peace Garden State reports of teens between the ages of 12 to 17, 6.31 – 7.51 percent use illicit drugs. Around 1.91 to 2.13 percent of them need treatment, but will not receive it.

Don't wait. Get help now.

Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.

(888) 365-2740

Underlying Causes to Drug Abuse

Drug and alcohol abuse is often a way for teens to self-medicate. Mental health and behavioral problems are confusing at any age, but combined with peer pressure, bullying and surging hormones, they overwhelm many causing depression. In the U.S., 57.6 percent of young women experience a depressive episode growing up and 62.3 percent of teen boys become depressed. Around half of them do not get professional treatment.

In North Dakota, 9.9 percent of the teen population suffers from major depressive episodes and only around 43 percent get help. That leaves 57 percent of teens on their own trying to fight depression. Many of them will turn to drugs and alcohol to feel better.

Teen Treatment Options

Successful teen treatment options usually involve a combination of care approaches. The goal is to treat the whole person, not just the addiction. This means teens might undergo behavior counseling a long with individual and group therapy. Addiction professionals will look for an underlying cause for the abuse, such as depression and treat that, as well.

Families are often a major part of the care plan. Parents and siblings might become involved through family counseling. Parents will also undergo education on how to help their teen thrive without taking drugs or alcohol.

North Dakota Treatment Centers

There are a number of facilities available in the state of North Dakota that offer adolescent treatment programs. In the state’s most populous city, Fargo, the Southeast Human Service Center Alcohol and Drug Abuse Unit is available. This center features dual diagnosis care and intensive outpatient treatment plans. The center handles court-mandated treatment for teens with legal problems, as well.

Residents in the capital city of Bismarck can utilize the West Central Human Service Center Chemical Dependency Program for teens in need of treatment. At the West Central Center, teens can get Christian-based care, holistic rehabilitation plans and seek help for mental health issues such as depression. The care center accepts both private insurance and Medicare.

In Minot, North Dakota, teens will find help at the Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch. This unique facility provides residential treatment programs for teens that will include both behavioral counseling and substance abuse treatment. The program is designed for acute emotional and behavioral challenges in teens of all ages and backgrounds. While going through this program, teens ride horses, work in a greenhouse and even get the chance to ride mini bikes.

If your teen is showing signs of drug or alcohol dependency, there is help available. North Dakota parents and caretakers can get advice and assistance choosing the right program by going online or contacting us at RehabCenter.net.

Let us walk you through the treatment process. We're here to help.
For 24/7 Treatment Help
100% Free and Confidential. Call (888) 271-2295

For 24/7 Treatment Help Call:

1-888-979-9592

For Immediate Treatment Help Call:
(888) 979-9592