Teen Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers In Missouri

Finding the right treatment center for your teen is tricky. There are many factors to consider such as residential care or outpatient therapy. Fortunately, Missouri has a variety of teen-only rehab centers to get them the specialized care they need to get on the path to sobriety.

With repeated use, teenage bodies develop a tolerance, so the drug of the day is no longer effective. They escalate their addiction to more dangerous drugs or combinations looking to capture that same high. In 2015, the National Institute on Drug Abuse reported that 21.5 percent of high school sophomores used alcohol and 16.5 percent abused drugs. In the Show Me State of Missouri, 7.52 – 8.37 percent of the teen population uses drugs and only about 2.25 percent of that group received the help they needed for their addiction.

What is an Adolescent Treatment Plan?

The unique nature of teen addiction calls for a specialized care plan. Facilities that service the teen community create programs geared to fit their lives. They cover topics important to teens like bullying while dealing with the physical addiction. The typical adolescent treatment plan will involve a combination of therapies like behavior modification and family counseling.

Drug or alcohol use is often an attempt to self-medicate for teens struggling with mental health problems like clinical depression. In Missouri, 47,000 adolescents have suffered at least one major depressive episode. That is almost 10 percent of the teen population in the state. Less than 37 percent of those troubled teens were able to get professional help, leaving a startling 63 percent trying to manage their mental health problem on their own, often by using street drugs.

Teen treatment plans involve looking for conditions that trigger drug or alcohol abuse. A depressed teen will look for ways to cope. The more they use, the more addicted they become without feeling better, because the high doesn’t last.

Find A Teen Rehab Center Near You.

Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.

(888) 365-2740

Getting Help in Missouri

Parents and caregivers have many fine facilities to choose from in the state that offer both in and outpatient treatment plans for teens. In Kansas City, Crittenton Childrens Center provide residential and outpatient counseling for a comprehensive care plan. Located on Elm Avenue, this hospital offers short and long term residential care along with dual diagnosis treatment plans. For over a century, Crittenton has served the Kansas City community, treating the mental and behavioral health of the residents there.

St. Louis parents can turn to Centrec Care for their teen. Centrec on Fern Ridge Parkway is a reliable choice for the teen that does not need hospitalization. This facility offers detox treatment, buprenorphine and suboxone services, and even daytime inpatient care.

In Independence, there are at least two facilities that provide adolescent drug treatment. Comprehensive Mental Health Services on Medical Center Pkwy provides short-term residential care or daytime hospitalization for teens with substance abuse problems. Kansas City Psychiatric and Psychological Services, LLC on South Cochise Drive is there for teens looking for outpatient counseling for substance abuse and mental health disorders.

Parents in Missouri can rely on RehabCenter.net when their teen needs treatment for a drug or alcohol problem. Contact us today and get your child the help he or she deserves.

Cities With Teen Substance Abuse Centers In Missouri

Let us walk you through the treatment process. We're here to help.
For 24/7 Treatment Help
100% Free and Confidential. Call (888) 271-2295

For 24/7 Treatment Help Call:


For Immediate Treatment Help Call:
(888) 979-9592