Teen Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers In Idaho

Teen Rehab Centers in IdahoHow common is drug use among teens? The National Institute on Drug Abuse states that in the U.S. drug use is increasing with an estimated 24.6 million Americans over the age of 12, or 9.4 percent of the population, using at least once a month. Studies show that over 35 percent of high seniors have at least tried alcohol and 23.6 percent have taken drugs. The numbers are higher in the teen population because their brains are still developing. This makes young people more susceptible to both impulse control and addiction problems.

In the great state of Idaho, drug use between the ages of 12 and 17 affects around 7.52 – 8.37 percent of the population. In that group, 2.14 – 2.25 will not get the treatment they need for an addiction. Parents and caretakers in the Gem State can improve a teen’s chance of recovery by learning more about teen addiction treatment.

Don't wait. Get help now.

Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.

(888) 365-2740

What is an Adolescent Addiction Program?

The lifestyle of an adolescent is very different than that of an adult. They deal with unique stressors like peer pressure and bullying. The teen years are fraught with trying to figure out who you are and where you fit in the world. Add to this the immature brain that is looking to explore and keep up with others. While still developing, the teenage brain is more sensitive to addiction, as well.

Facilities that create programs for addiction understand the special needs of a teen with a drinking or drug problem. Adolescent substance abuse programs are designed to deal with the challenges a teen faces. The exact structure of the program will depend on the staff and mission of the facility, but most include behavior modification therapy plus individual and group counseling. Families may be an integral part of the healing process, as well. Parents are taught to look for triggers and help teens make smart choices instead of going down paths that will lead to relapse.

Drug and alcohol abuse often originates with another mental health issue like teen depression. In Idaho, 14,000 teens, that is about 10 percent of the young population, have had at least one major depressive episode. Only 35.6 percent of this group is able to get the professional help needed, leaving 64.4 percent looking for other ways to cope like self-medicating with drugs or alcohol. Adolescent treatment programs look for an underlying cause of the drug use and treat any mental health issues at the same time.

Teen Programs in Idaho

The state of Idaho has a number of facilities that cater to young people. In Boise, Recovery 4 Life is there to help families in need. Located on West Emerald Street, Recovery 4 Life offers intensive outpatient services complete with drug and alcohol classes, mental health counseling, and case management. They look to treat the family as a whole while focusing on the health needs of the teen at the same time.

Residents in Twin Falls can contact the Walker Center for assistance. Situated on Falls Avenue, the Walker Center has been a fixture in the community since 1976. They offer both residential and outpatient treatment to provide the best chance of successful and long-lasting recovery. The residential program includes withdrawal management and family programs. Once the teen reenters society, the Center provides a prevention plan to reduce the risk of relapse.

In Idaho Falls, there are multiple facilities available for teens including two Mental Wellness Centers – one on Centennial Mountain Drive and one on East 25th Circle. Founded in 2003, the Mental Wellness Centers offer outpatient programs catered to fit the needs of the individual. Their dual diagnosis approach allows them to treat underlying mental health problems while still dealing with the addiction.

Idaho parents looking for help can turn to RehabCenter.net for assistance. The addiction experts here can provide information about teen drug and alcohol abuse and facilities in the area with adolescent programs. Contact us to learn more at RehabCenter.net.

Let us walk you through the treatment process. We're here to help.
For Immediate Treatment Help
100% Free and Confidential. Call (888) 271-2295

For 24/7 Treatment Help Call:

1-888-979-9592

For Immediate Treatment Help Call:
(888) 979-9592