Rehab Centers That Accept Humana Insurance In Rhode Island

Rhode Island possesses one of the highest illicit drugs usage rates in America: according to a recent (2015) report, 14 percent of residents 12 and over used marijuana within the past year. This is mirrored by other drug usage rates. So, for many in Rhode Island, drug treatment may be a harsh reality. Thankfully, insurance companies like Humana offer a variety of coverage options that can help you attend and pay for a successful treatment program.

What Types Of Substance Abuse Services Does Humana Cover?

Humana will cover many addiction services on a supplemental basis, meaning they’ll cover what Medicare does not. Common services that Humana will provide compensation for include:

  • Residential treatment
  • Outpatient treatment
  • Individual counseling
  • Group therapy
  • Detox services
  • Aftercare services

Please keep in mind that most insurance companies, including Humana, will likely require a person to fully complete a treatment program in order for the insurance company to cover any of the costs. This means if a person enters into a three-month program but only stays 30 days, the insurance policy probably won’t cover any of the associated expenses.

Types Of Humana Supplement Plans In Rhode Island

The Medigap Plan F plan is the most commonly purchased supplement plan in Rhode Island. Policyholders will enjoy 100 percent coverage on approved expenses that Medicare does not cover. For example, if Medicare is being used to pay for 80 percent of rehab costs, the Medigap Plan F will cover the remaining 20 percent as long as the services are approved.

With Medigap Plan K, policyholders may have to pay as much as $4,660 out of pocket toward their rehab expenses; however, premiums are fairly inexpensive and are determined by the exact premium rate that a policyholder wants to purchase.

Medigap Plan L will not cover any expenses that are incurred outside of the United States. There is a maximum out-of-pocket limit of only $2,330, making this plan highly favored by lots of Rhode Island residents. Do keep in mind, though, that Medigap Plan L pays for basic substance abuse treatment and tends to cover about 75 percent of deductibles.

Is It Important To Use Humana For Detox Coverage?

If a Humana plan has coverage for detox services, it is paramount to take advantage of it. Detoxing is the body’s way of eliminating the harmful substances. Many people who go through detox state they enjoy a much clearer mind and a better-feeling body during treatment, which is crucial to long-term recovery success.

There are several types of detox services available in Rhode Island that Humana will pay for, including:

  • Medical detox in a hospital
  • Medications
  • Counseling during detox
  • Transition into an actual rehab facility
  • Is Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment More Effective?

Most Humana plans cover both inpatient and outpatient services, with some requiring a copayment. For those who are choosing between the two, it is highly recommended by substance abuse experts to finish an inpatient program first, followed then by taking advantage of outpatient services. So if you have a Humana policy and are interested in learning more, please contact us at to speak to a counselor who can help you find the policy and rehab center that you need.

Want to get help, but not ready to talk?

You can receive 24/7 text support right away and at your convenience. There is no obligation to enter treatment and you can opt out at any time.

Sign up for text support to receive:

✅ Resources about addiction and recovery

✅ Info about our treatment process

"*" indicates required fields


Let Regard Healthcare walk you through the treatment process. We're here to help.
For 24/7 Treatment Help
100% Free and Confidential. Call 888-341-4325

For 24/7 Treatment Help Call:


For Immediate Treatment Help Call:
(888) 979-9592