Rehab Centers That Accept BCBS Insurance In Kentucky

Millions of people across the country struggle with substance abuse issues, and of these, it is well-known that many aren’t getting the adequate help that they need to overcome such issues. One reason they do not get adequate care is because these individuals can’t afford to pay for rehabilitative treatment out-of-pocket.

When it comes to treating addiction, it’s always best to know what your medical healthcare plan will cover in the event of such an instance so that decisions can be made accordingly. Blue Cross Blue Shield is one such healthcare provider that offers coverage to residents in Kentucky – this post will take a closer look at its plans and coverage when it comes to inpatient rehabilitative treatment in the state.

Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthcare Plans in Kentucky

Blue Cross Blue Shield offers healthcare to Kentucky residents under its Anthem umbrella of plans. Specifically, three different types of plans are offered to Kentucky residents – a bronze plan, silver plan and gold plan. Various other more specific plans fall into these three general categories.

The bronze plan costs the lowest, yet also covers less, thereby requiring individuals to pay more out of pocket for services. For instance, under the bronze plan only 60 percent of all healthcare costs are covered and individuals are required to pay for the 40 percent that isn’t covered. The silver plan is a step up from the bronze plan, covering 70 percent of all healthcare costs, and requiring individuals to pay for the remaining 30 percent of what’s not covered. And the gold plan is the best plan offered to Kentucky residents, as it covers 80 percent of all healthcare costs. However, the gold plan also comes with more expensive premiums.

Blue Cross Blue Shield and Inpatient Rehabilitative Treatment in Kentucky

Most Blue Cross Blue Shield healthcare plans servicing the state of Kentucky offer some type of coverage for inpatient substance abuse treatment, however the particular amount that is covered is largely dependent on the specific healthcare plan in question. For instance, under BCBS Anthem’s MediBlue Access plan, inpatient mental health care is covered – but only to a certain extent. For instance, on days one through five, members are required to pay $260 per day for in network care. However, if the stay is more long-term, the plan will cover members 100 percent after day five and up until day 90.

A better plan offered in the state of Kentucky is Anthem MediBlue Dual Advantage, which covers in-network inpatient rehabilitative treatment 100 percent. There isn’t even a co-pay.

When mental health or substance abuse rehabilitation is in question, it’s always best to consult with your healthcare plan administrator to best determine what is and is not covered.

Contact Us Today

Of the millions of people challenged with substance abuse issues throughout the country, a good portion of them can’t receive the treatment they need simply because they either cannot afford it or because their medical insurance won’t adequately cover it. It’s why medical insurance is so important in this arena, and why it should not be overlooked. For more information on Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plans in the state of Kentucky, and for other insurance coverage options in the state, contact today.

Want to get help, but not ready to talk?

You can receive 24/7 text support right away and at your convenience. There is no obligation to enter treatment and you can opt out at any time.

Sign up for text support to receive:

✅ Resources about addiction and recovery

✅ Info about our treatment process

"*" indicates required fields


Let Regard Healthcare walk you through the treatment process. We're here to help.
For 24/7 Treatment Help
100% Free and Confidential. Call 888-341-4325

For 24/7 Treatment Help Call:


For Immediate Treatment Help Call:
(888) 979-9592