Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Menasha, Wisconsin
Rehab Centers In Menasha, Wisconsin
Situated on Lake Winnebago, Menasha is a place that attracts many people who fish, boat, paddle, and hike. The serene, natural setting and proud history of Menasha make it a desirable place to live.
Menasha is fortunate to not have a great deal of alcohol and drug abuse issues. Still, addiction can affect people no matter where they live. There is one agency in Menasha that is available to help those struggling with substance abuse.
Drug Abuse In Winnebago County
In 2017, there were more opioid-overdose deaths in Winnebago County than ever before. Like many other Wisconsin Counties, Winnebago entered a lawsuit suing pharmaceutical companies for health care costs associated with the opioid epidemic.
Opioids are not the only problem in Winnebago County. Most drug-related news from 2018 is regarding cocaine. A few large drug busts in the area include:
- A Winnebago County man and woman were arrested in February with 6.5 grams of heroin, 3.5 grams of cocaine, and 99.5 grams of marijuana.
- A man in Oshkosh was found to be trafficking a woman and 155 lbs of cocaine in May.
- In August, at least 16 people were suspected to be part of a drug trafficking ring in neighboring Fond du Lac County that moved about 127 lbs of cocaine.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers Near Menasha
Menasha is near three of Wisconsin’s largest cities, which makes it easy for residents to find an alcohol and drug rehab center near them. Appleton, Oshkosh, and Fond du Lac all have multiple addiction treatment facilities that offer a range of services
The Benefits Of Traveling For Treatment
The alcohol and drug rehab centers listed above are relatively close to Menasha. This allows a person to attend an outpatient treatment program while living at home. It also makes it easy for family members to visit those who choose residential care. Unfortunately, this causes many people to overlook the benefits of traveling for treatment.
There are several good reasons to consider a rehab center away from home, such as:
- The further a person is willing to travel, the more programs they are able to explore. This allows them to make an informed decision based on their particular needs.
- Traveling for treatment may require enrollment in a residential program, which immerses a person in the therapeutic environment. This helps them to focus on recovery and promotes complete healing in every area of life.
- Leaving home means leaving behind negative influences and distractions. Many people relapse during treatment because they stay in the same place with the same people, which can be counterproductive when they’re trying to live a different life.
For many people, traveling for treatment raises the chance of success. To learn more about alcohol and drug rehab centers near Wisconsin, contact us today.