3 Drug Rehab Centers Near Weston, West Virginia
Substance Abuse In Weston And Lewis County
In Lewis County, where Weston is the county seat, the rates of alcohol and drug use are lower than the state average.
- The rate of binge drinking is one of the lowest rates in the state.
- Out of all individuals 12 years and older, 5.5 percent drink at a level that is considered binge drinking.
- This behavior is often used as an indicator for a person’s overall risk of developing alcohol dependence.
- Fewer people were diagnosed with an alcohol-related injury or illness in Lewis County than the state average rate.
- 98 out of 10,000 patients treated in Lewis County received an alcohol-related diagnosis.
- The rate of individuals diagnosed with a drug-related disorder was lower than the state average as well, with fewer than 65 out of every 10,000 patients receiving a drug-related diagnosis.
Access to alcohol and drug addiction treatment in Weston and Lewis County needs improvement.
In 2014, 6.4 and 2.6 percent of adults in Lewis County said that they did not have access to the alcohol and drug addiction treatment that they needed, respectively.
Traveling For The Best Program
In areas like Weston, where there is only one rehab center in town, there is a chance that the waiting list to enter treatment will be long.
Being open to traveling to a new area can help a person find the rehab center that has the shortest waiting list. Many people also find that it helps to minimize distractions.Article Sources
WV Department of Health and Human Resources Bureau for Behavioral Health and Health Facilities - https://dhhr.wv.gov/bhhf/Sections/programs/ProgramsPartnerships/AlcoholismandDrugAbuse/Documents/County%20EPI%20Profiles%202017/2016%20Lewis%20County%20Profile%20.pdf