Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Freeport, Texas
Freeport, Texas was once a booming settlement. In 1912, it boasted a mere 300 residents, but by 1929, it had grown to 3,500. Today, Freeport has a population of just over 12,000 people. Like most areas of Texas, Freeport is battling a drug and alcohol abuse problem. Thankfully, there are treatment centers to help.
Rehab Centers In Freeport, Texas
The fast-growing Port Freeport handles as many as 53,000 vehicles each year. Freeport is also a popular fishing site for tourists and residents of Texas. There are currently two drug and alcohol treatment facilities in Freeport.
Alcohol Drug And Psychological Treatment (ADAPT)
ADAPT is an organization with both residential and outpatient treatment centers throughout the state of Texas. The Freeport facility is strictly outpatient care for adults and adolescents with chemical dependency. ADAPT provides evidence-based care strategies at all their locations and focus on co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
Brazos Place Behavioral Health Center
Brazos Place is a women-only residential treatment facility. The intensive residential treatment program lasts a minimum of 30 days, but program length is tailored to each woman’s needs. Services may include educational groups, individual and family counseling, recreational activities, and relapse prevention planning.
Rehab Centers Near Freeport, Texas
Although the treatment options are somewhat limited in the town of Freeport, there are plenty of facilities located in nearby communities like La Marque and Galveston.
Pathway to Recovery, La Marque, Texas
Pathway to Recovery proves separate living quarters for men and women’s residential treatment. Services include clinical diagnostic evaluation, dual diagnosis care, partial hospitalization, and intensive and supportive outpatient treatment. With 12-step-based methodology, Pathway to Recovery provides a full continuum of care for its clients.
Bay Area Recovery Center, Dickinson, Texas
Bay Area Recovery Center offers residential care for both men and women. The facility also operates a separate center for women and their children. Clients at Bay Area may also receive detox management, medication-assisted treatment (MAT), and outpatient services.
Gulf Coast Center, Galveston, Texas
The Gulf Coast Center offers a variety of services to its community, including substance use recovery. The intensive recovery program is provided on an outpatient basis but includes dual diagnosis treatment, continuing care, and a transitional housing program. The Gulf Coast Center is open to adults only.
Substance Abuse In Freeport & Brazoria County
Freeport is among the Texas coastal communities battling drug and alcohol abuse. This is especially true within the teen population. Consider some facts about Freeport and Brazoria County:
- More females than males have a teen substance abuse problem in this area. Around 49 percent of male teens drink alcohol, compared to 54 percent of young females. More males, however, admit to using marijuana.
- The teen suicide rate in Brazoria Country is 12.15 per 100,000 people. That’s higher than the state average of 10.73 but lower than surrounding communities like Austin County.
Traveling For The Best Program
Freeport has a small addiction treatment community. Families should consider traveling to other parts of Texas to find the best care available. For more information about substance abuse treatment in Texas, contact RehabCenter.net.
Find a Rehab Center in Freeport, Texas
- Dual diagnosis treatment (Persons with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders)
- Addiction treatment for pregnant/postpartum women
- Addiction treatment for women
- Addiction treatment for men
- Addiction treatment for Christians
- Outpatient counseling treatment
- Residential short-term inpatient treatment (30 days or less)
- Residential long-term inpatient treatment (60, 90, 120 days)
- Holistic rehabilitation treatment, alternative treatment
**The facilities and organizations mentioned in this article are not affiliated with RehabCenter.net
Click here to view our Treatment Center Inclusion Policy