Center Point, Texas Substance Use Statistics And Treatment Options
Drug misuse, especially involving heroin and meth, has been a problem in Kerr County during the last few years. There are some rehab facilities in this county, as well as plenty of other addiction treatment options throughout Texas.
Substance Use Statistics In Center Point And Kerr County, Texas
- Kerr County had 24 drug overdose deaths occur from 2016 through 2018.
- From January to June 2016, roughly half of all county court cases were related to drugs.
- There were 132 cases in the 216th Judicial District involving drugs during this time, including four cases involving marijuana. The rest of the cases mainly involved methamphetamine or heroin.
- From January to June 2016, the 198th Judicial District had 49 cases related to drugs, with most involving methamphetamine or heroin.
- Sixteen percent of adults living in Kerr County admitted to binge drinking in 2017.
- Between 2014 and 2018, Kerr County had nine alcohol-impaired driving fatalities out of 47 driving fatalities overall.
- In 2017, the written opioid prescription rate in Kerr County was 77.2 per 100 residents.
- As of 2020, Kerr County has 24 providers with licensing to offer buprenorphine for opioid use disorder.
- The county also has four addiction treatment centers, including two facilities that offer medication-assisted treatment options.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Addiction Treatment Options In Center Point, Texas
Finding the best rehab program for an alcohol or drug addiction means looking into ones that offer individualized treatment.
Drug And Alcohol Detox Programs
Symptoms ranging from mild to severe are part of the withdrawal process, so it’s important to have reliable care at this time.
Medically supervised detox programs provide prompt treatment when needed, as well as support. You should be able to start a rehab program right after finishing an outpatient or inpatient detox program.
Inpatient Addiction Treatment
Inpatient rehab programs provide the support and treatment level needed for more severe addictions. When you’re in this kind of program, you’ll live in a residential facility that has supervision around the clock.
Professionals, including social workers, counselors, and doctors, are on hand to offer prompt treatment. You can also count on getting peer support during inpatient rehab. These programs include behavioral therapy, life skills training, and other therapeutic approaches.
Outpatient Drug Rehab
Outpatient rehab programs provide the right amount of care for those who have a moderate addiction instead of a severe one.
With this kind of program, you’ll travel to an outpatient clinic for therapy sessions a few times a week or more. Individual or group therapies are offered with this type of treatment.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) programs can help you make a full recovery from an addiction to alcohol or opioids.
MAT programs include the use of a medication, such as methadone, that can help ease cravings and other withdrawal symptoms. Therapy sessions are another part of MAT programs.
Aftercare Planning And Services
Aftercare planning and services are an important part of a long-term recovery from addiction. These services offer continuing care when you’re done with a rehab program.
Some of the services that might be available with an aftercare program include recovery coaching, sober-living housing, and peer support services.
How To Pay For Alcohol Or Drug Rehab
Using private health insurance is generally the way people pay for rehab programs. If you’re planning to use your insurance plan, make sure you check with the rehab center and your insurance company to see which types of services are included with your coverage.
Virtual Care Is Available With Vertava Health
Although rehab is usually done in person, this isn’t always possible. When you’re unable to go to an addiction treatment facility, you can still receive support and care with virtual services.
Vertava Health provides online outpatient services and more to address substance misuse, mental health disorders, and other behavioral health problems.
Located around 290 miles from Center Point, our campus features cognitive behavioral therapy, expressive therapies, and more. Recreational activities are also available on site, including horseback riding and a fishing pond.
For more information, please connect with us today.Article Sources
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/134/data
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/138/data
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/49/data
Kerrville Daily Times - https://dailytimes.com/article_99f902f0-592e-11e6-acfe-b31f358106e7.html