Buffalo Gap, Texas Substance Use Statistics And Treatment Options
Accidental drug overdose fatalities and other substance use issues have occurred in Buffalo Gap and Taylor County during the last few years. Only a few facilities for addiction recovery are located in the county, but more of these facilities are available across Texas.
Substance Use Statistics In Buffalo Gap And Taylor County, Texas
- Taylor County had 53 fatal drug overdoses occur between 2016 and 2018.
- Twenty percent of adults living in Taylor County self-reported binge drinking in 2017.
- Between 2014 and 2018, Taylor County had 20 fatalities due to alcohol-impaired driving out of a total of 111 driving deaths in the county, or a rate of 18 percent.
- In 2017, Taylor County had a total of 16 drug-related fatalities occur. That same year, the written opioid prescription rate in the county was 99.6 per 100 residents.
- In 2018, the rate of accidental deaths due to drug overdoses in Taylor County was between 12 and 14 deaths per 100,000.
- As of 2020, there are 13 providers located in Taylor County who are licensed to provide patients with buprenorphine in order to treat opioid use disorder.
- Taylor County has a total of four treatment facilities offering substance abuse rehab services and a total of three facilities that offer medication-assisted treatment.
Addiction Treatment Options In Buffalo Gap, Texas
Finding the right addiction treatment program in or around the Buffalo Gap area means looking for one that provides individualized care.
When you go through withdrawal, you might have symptoms that are severe at times. This is why it’s important for you to consider going through a medically supervised or assisted detox program.
Alcohol and drug detox programs provide safe environments for those struggling with the symptoms of withdrawal, helping to stabilize you for treatment.
Inpatient programs offer a high-level of treatment and support at residential facilities with around-the-clock supervision. Inpatient programs provide you with dependable care from a team of nurses, doctors, social workers, counselors, and other professionals.
Multiple kinds of services are typically offered with these programs, such as therapeutic care, relapse prevention, life skills training, and mindfulness or other forms of stress management.
Dealing with a mild addiction means that you might be better suited to an outpatient program. These programs do not have you stay in a rehab center. Instead, you visit one for individual or group therapy sessions.
Treatment levels can range from traditional outpatient care to intensive programs and partial hospitalization programs. Outpatient care is also beneficial after receiving treatment at a residential facility.
Medication-Assisted Treatment in Buffalo Gap
When you suffer from an opioid or alcohol addiction, it’s important to look into medication-assisted treatment (MAT) options.
MAT programs include therapy sessions, as well as medication to help relieve withdrawal symptoms. This specialized approach to treating opioid and alcohol addictions helps lower the risk of relapse.
Aftercare Planning And Services
When you have finished your rehab program, ongoing support is available through aftercare services. This support can help you maintain sober-living on a long-term basis.
Keep in mind that specific aftercare services aren’t the same at all facilities. Examples of these continuing support services include recovery coaching, recovery housing, 12-step programs, and job assistance.
How To Pay For Alcohol Or Drug Rehab
Private health insurance plans often have some level of coverage for rehab services, such as full or partial coverage.
You’ll need to get in touch with your rehab center and insurance provider to get detailed information on your policy’s coverage, including how much is covered and what kinds of programs and services are included.
Virtual Care Is Available With Vertava Health
It’s not always possible to visit a rehab center in person for mental or behavioral healthcare, including addiction treatment.
You can learn survival skills, meditate in the wilderness, go hiking, and do other activities with our outdoor programs. Expressive therapies, behavioral therapy, and other services are also offered at our campus, which is just outside Dallas.
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/134/data
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/138/data
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/49/data