Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Big Spring, Texas
Big Spring is situated west of El Paso and east of Fort Worth, right in the heart of Texas. Big Spring is a growing city and currently has about 28,000 residents. The city has an urban feel, with plenty of nightlife, restaurants, and shopping. With the increase in population, the area of Big Spring has also seen a rise in the number of residents seeking addiction treatment for substance abuse issues.
Rehab Centers in Big Spring, Texas
Although the population is growing, Big Spring has limited options for treating addiction. There is currently only rehab center in Big Spring: The West Texas VA Healthcare Services Substance Abuse Treatment Program.
- The West Texas VA Healthcare Services Substance Abuse Treatment Program: This facility offers outpatient and residential substance abuse treatment. Treatment begins with a period of detox and residents can remain in the program for inpatient treatment to further address issues related to substance abuse and mental health.
Rehab Centers Near Big Spring, Texas
While there are limited options for drug rehab programs in Big Spring, the nearby town of Midland has a couple more. One provides residential treatment, while the other offers outpatient services.
The Springboard Center, Midland, Texas
The Springboard Center is located about 45 minutes west of Big Spring. This CARF accredited facility offers a residential program structured to last 30 days but can be extended on an individual basis. Services provided in the program include counseling, education, relapse prevention, life-skills development groups, yoga, and other structured activities.
PermiaCare: Fresh Start Program, Midland Texas
PermiaCare’s Fresh Start Program provides outpatient treatment for adults struggling with substance abuse. This program is designed for those who have already completed a residential or inpatient program, and are in need of further care. Funded by the Texas Department of State Health Services, certain individuals may be eligible for a sliding-scale fee.
Substance Abuse In Big Spring And Howard County
Big Spring and Howard County have seen a rise in the overall number of people seeking substance abuse addiction treatment. One of the most abused substances in Big Spring is alcohol, followed by marijuana, heroin, and prescription opioids. A report detailing substance abuse trends in Texas from 2014 found:
- Of the 2013 heroin treatment admissions, 36 percent reported no second substance problem.
- Cocaine (both crack and powder) represented 11 percent of all admissions to DSHS-funded treatment programs in 2013.
- Alcohol is the primary drug of abuse in Texas. In 2012, 25 percent of school students in grades 7-12 had consumed alcohol in the last month.
Traveling For The Best Program
Because treatment for addiction in Big Spring is limited, consider traveling to other areas in Texas to find the best program. While there is no such thing as one best program for everyone, the best choice should be based on individual needs and preferences. For more help on locating the right program in Texas, contact us today.
Find a Rehab Center in Big Spring, Texas
West Texas VA Healthcare Services Substance Abuse Treatment Program
- Dual diagnosis treatment (Persons with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders)
- Addiction treatment for men
- Outpatient counseling treatment
- Inpatient partial hospitalization/day treatment/work programs
- Residential short-term inpatient treatment (30 days or less)
- Residential long-term inpatient treatment (60, 90, 120 days)
- Holistic rehabilitation treatment, alternative treatment
**The facilities and organizations mentioned in this article are not affiliated with RehabCenter.net
Click here to view our Treatment Center Inclusion Policy