Austin, Texas Substance Use Statistics And Treatment Options
Substance use problems, including drug overdose fatalities, have occurred in recent years in Austin and its surrounding counties. Drug and alcohol rehab programs are available in this area to help with the recovery process.
Substance Abuse Statistics In Austin And Travis/Hays/Williamson Counties, Texas
- From 2016 to 2018, there were 61 drug overdose deaths in Hays County and 455 of these deaths in Travis County. A total of 96 drug overdose deaths occurred during this time in Williamson County.
- In 2017, the opioid prescription rate in Hays County was 52.3 per 100 individuals. Travis County had a rate of 45.6 and Williamson County had a rate of 56.9.
- There were 18 drug-related deaths in Hays County and 146 of these deaths in Travis County in 2017; 23 drug-related deaths occurred in Williamson County the same year.
- In 2017, around 23 percent of adults in Hays County, 25 percent of adults in Travis County, and 21 percent of adults in Williamson County engaged in binge drinking.
- As of 2020, there are 10 medical providers who are licensed for buprenorphine for opioid treatment in Hays County and 205 of these providers in Travis County. There are 58 of these providers in Williamson County.
- Hays County has one substance abuse treatment facility, which also offers medication-assisted treatment.
- Travis County has 25 of these facilities with 11 offering medication-assisted treatment, and Williamson County has seven of these facilities with three offering medication-assisted treatment.
Don't wait. Get help now.
Call to be connected with an Addiction Campuses treatment specialist.
Addiction Treatment Options In Austin, Texas
As you compare different rehab programs in and around the Austin area, you should check for ones offering personalized treatment plans.
This individualized approach ensures that you get services that are targeted to fit your particular needs for addiction recovery. The Treehouse, which isn’t too far from Austin, provides individualized addiction treatment plans.
Drug And Alcohol Detox Programs
As your body becomes used to being without alcohol or drugs, you should expect to go through withdrawal. Since this phase can cause severe symptoms and a risk of relapse, it’s important to look for medically supervised or monitored detox programs.
Inpatient Addiction Treatment
Inpatient rehab programs offer high levels of care and around-the-clock supervision at secure facilities for those with a more severe substance use disorder.
Teams of nurses, physicians, therapists, and other professionals are at these inpatient facilities in order to offer timely care and treatment. Inpatient programs have multiple services available, including clinical services and therapeutic services, such as cognitive behavioral therapy.
Outpatient Drug Rehab
Outpatient rehab programs provide a lower level of care than inpatient treatment. These programs are mainly intended for those with a mild substance use disorder, especially if they have support at home or have recently completed inpatient treatment.
Outpatient programs have you visit a facility for a few or more therapy sessions on a weekly basis for as long as needed.
Those with an opioid or alcohol addiction can benefit from a medication-assisted treatment (MAT) program. MAT programs include behavioral therapy in groups or individually, along with the use of methadone or another medication to reduce relapse.
Aftercare Planning And Services
Having aftercare services can help you stay sober after a rehab program with ongoing support. These services, which are often available for several months after rehab, differ at each addiction treatment facility.
Some of the aftercare services you might find include 12-step programs, recovery coaching, job assistance, and recovery housing.
How To Pay For Alcohol Or Drug Rehab
Private insurance plans are usually used for rehab payment, since they sometimes offer partial or full coverage. Plan on getting in touch with your insurance company and the rehab center to determine your level of coverage and the kinds of addiction treatment programs you’re eligible for.
Virtual Care Is Available With Vertava Health
Vertava Health provides virtual therapy and outpatient care to help those who need addiction treatment or mental health services.
These virtual visits offer an alternative when you’re unable to physically be at a rehab facility. Virtual group and individual counseling sessions are available with Vertava Health.
The Treehouse, which is around 195 miles from Austin, offers art therapy and other expressive therapies for addiction treatment.
Our campus also provides outdoor programs with sports, ATV excursions, hiking, and other activities in the surrounding woods and lakes. We have several levels of care available, including inpatient and outpatient care.
To learn more about The Treehouse, please contact us today.Article Sources
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/138/data
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/49/data