Aransas Pass, Texas Substance Use Statistics And Treatment Options
Opioid misuse and other forms of substance use have been a problem in Aransas, Nueces, and San Patricio Counties, where Aransas Pass is located. Professional addiction treatment is available at a few facilities in this area.
Substance Use Statistics In Aransas Pass And Aransas/Nueces/San Patricio Counties, Texas
- Between 2016 and 2018, there were 13 drug overdose deaths in Aransas County, 192 of these deaths in Nueces County, and 26 of these deaths in San Patricio County.
- In 2017, Aransas County had a rate of 83 opioid prescriptions per 100 individuals. In that same year, Nueces County had a rate of 71.6 and San Patricio County had a rate of 81.7.
- Nueces County had a total of 77 drug-related fatalities in 2017.
- In 2017, roughly 16 percent of adults in Aransas County admitted to binge drinking.
- In 2017, 20 percent of adults in Nueces County and 18 percent of adults in San Patricio County admitted to binge drinking.
- As of 2020, there are 37 providers in Nueces County and two providers in San Patricio County who are licensed for buprenorphine for opioid addiction treatment.
- There are seven substance abuse facilities in Nueces County and one facility in San Patricio County.
- There are no substance abuse facilities in Aransas County.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Substance Use Treatment In Aransas Pass, Texas
Whether you need help for opioid addiction or another substance use disorder, it’s important to find one that provides you with individualized treatment.
Giving up alcohol or drugs can put a lot of strain on your body and mind, so it’s important to have a safe way to go through withdrawal.
Detox programs with medical supervision or assistance can help ensure that you get through withdrawal safely and receive timely treatment for serious symptoms if needed.
Inpatient addiction treatment programs provide a supervised and supportive environment for severe addiction. These short-term and long-term programs take place in facilities that have 24-hour supervision.
Treatment programs include a wide range of services, including therapeutic services and life skills services. A team of physicians, therapists, and other professionals are at these facilities to offer clinical, therapeutic, or other kinds of services as needed.
Outpatient Care in Aransas Pass
Outpatient addiction treatment programs are intended for mild addiction. This kind of program requires you to go to an outpatient facility or clinic a few or more hours per week for behavioral therapy sessions.
Different levels of treatment are available, such as partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient care, and traditional outpatient care.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) programs offer specialized treatment if you have an alcohol or opioid use disorder. MAT programs include the use of medication, such as buprenorphine or suboxone, as well as behavioral therapy sessions.
Aftercare Planning And Services
Having access to aftercare services and planning is an important part of a long-term recovery. These services provide ongoing support once you’ve finished a professional treatment program.
Depending on the addiction treatment facility you attend, you might have access to recovery housing, recovery coaching, or 12-step programs.
How To Pay For Alcohol Or Drug Rehab
Payment for a rehab program involves using an insurance plan. Depending on the amount of coverage you have, you might also have out-of-pocket expenses.
It’s important to contact your insurance company and the addiction facility to find out how much coverage you have and what kinds of programs you are eligible for.
Virtual Care Is Available With Vertava Health
Virtual intensive outpatient programs and virtual counseling and therapy services are available. Individual and group virtual therapy sessions are both offered by Vertava Health.
Located just outside of the Dallas area, we offer group and individual therapy, stress management practices, expressive therapies, and more. Our campus also provides amenities, including a fishing pond, treehouse, and walking trails.
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/138/data
County Health Rankings - https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/texas/2020/measure/factors/49/data