4 Drug Rehab Centers Near Bristol, Tennessee
Substance Abuse In Bristol & Sullivan County
Sullivan County has had a growing problem with opioid overdose, especially in recent years. Drug-use facts from the region include:
- Sullivan County had 106 drug overdose deaths from 2012 to 2014. These fatalities increased to a total of 122 from 2014 through 2016.
- Between 2012 and 2015, Sullivan County had a total of 58 deaths due to opioid overdose and two deaths due to heroin overdose.
- The county had 146 inpatient visits for opioid overdose and three inpatient visits for heroin overdose during the same three-year period.
- In 2017, Sullivan County had a total of 29 opioid deaths, which was the highest number in northeastern Tennessee.
- Sullivan County had a rate of 145 opioid prescriptions per 100 people in 2017.
How To Find Addiction Treatment
Individuals in Bristol who need to find addiction treatment centers might end up having to travel. Although local options are available, it’s important for patients to ensure that they receive proper care in a program that fits their needs.
If you need assistance finding Bristol alcohol and drug rehab centers, contact RehabCenter.net. Compassionate treatment specialists are standing by.Article Sources
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/tennessee/2018/measure/factors/138/data
AMFAR - https://opioid.amfar.org/TN
Tennessee Department of Health - https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/health/documents/pdo/Sullivan_Brief15.pdf