5 Drug Rehab Centers in Kent, Ohio
Substance Abuse In Kent And Portage County, Ohio
Due to its proximity to Akron, Kent and Portage County both have an increased likelihood to report more cases of substance abuse compared to other mid-sized cities in the state that are further from major cities. Consider the following:
- While alcohol is still considered the most abused substance in Ohio, it is the second most abused in the Portage County area. The most frequently abused substance in the area is methamphetamines, followed closely by alcohol, heroin, and fentanyl.
- Ohio has consistently ranked among the top five states with the highest rates of opioid-related overdose deaths. In 2016, the state experience more than double the national rate of accidental opioid-related overdoses.
- Mental health and substance use disorders are now more common in Ohio than diabetes or heart disease, and they are just as treatable, according to the Mark Hurst, Medical Director, Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
Find a Rehab Center in Kent, Ohio
- Adolescents (teen) addiction treatment
- Dual diagnosis treatment (Persons with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders)
- Court ordered alcohol treatment for DUI/DWI offenders
- ASL or other assistance for hearing impaired
- Outpatient counseling treatment
- Holistic rehabilitation treatment, alternative treatment
**The facilities and organizations mentioned in this article are not affiliated with RehabCenter.net
Click here to view our Treatment Center Inclusion Policy
Ohio Mental Health And Addiction Services - https://spark.adobe.com/page/zkP6u3LYJyZKj/
Ohio State - https://cpb-us-w2.wpmucdn.com/u.osu.edu/dist/2/14548/files/2017/10/SWANK-Taking-Measure-of-Ohios-Opioid-Crisis-1vtx548.pdf
National Institute on Drug Abuse - https://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/ohio-opioid-summary