4 Drug Rehab Centers in Sparks, Nevada
Sparks, Nevada, like most cities in the United States, has seen an increased need for alcohol and drug rehab centers to counter the epidemic of addiction. For residents of Sparks, addiction treatment is accessible and targeted to fit each individual’s needs.
Substance Abuse In Sparks And Washoe County
Washoe County, where Sparks is located, is one of three counties in Nevada with Opioid Treatment Programs. As such, the county has many resources to address substance abuse; however, substance abuse is still very prevalent in the county.
- Out of every 100,000 residents, 70 individuals passed away in 2016 from a fatal overdose. This is the third-highest rate in the state.
- Between 2014 and 2016, 513 EMS calls required Naloxone administration as a life-saving measure following suspected overdoses.
- Nearly 20 percent of high school students in Washoe County have used a prescription painkiller without a prescription.
- In 2015, 3.5 percent of high school students self-reported using heroin. This is higher than the state average.
- One percent of women in Washoe County self-reporedt having used heroin while they were pregnant.
With so many treatment options, a person may question which services best fit his or her needs. One may wonder if a rehab center will better fit his or her needs than outpatient counseling.
Treatment specialists with RehabCenter.net can answer any of your questions and concerns and help you navigate all of your options. For more information on these programs, reach out today.Article Sources
Nevada Department of Health and Human Services - http://gethealthycarsoncity.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/CCHHS-CHIP-Update-FINAL-12.2014.pdf