Top Drug Rehab Centers in Elko, Nevada
Elko, Nevada lies in the northern region of the state, in the heart of “Cowboy Country.” Because of the vast geography and shortage of healthcare providers, finding addiction treatment may be difficult. However, there are still treatment options available to residents of Elko seeking treatment for alcohol and drug abuse both in town and nearby communities.
Substance Abuse In Elko And Elko County
Elko County, where Elko is the county seat, has some of the lowest rates of alcohol and drug abuse in Nevada. However, it has very low access to addiction treatment.
- In 2015, Elko County had the second-lowest rates of prescription drug use in Nevada.
- 71.6 out of every 100 prescriptions filled in Elko County are opioid painkillers. This is lower than the state average.
- Elko County has a low overdose death rate. Out of every 100,000 residents, one person dies of an overdose.
- 15.1 percent of high school students have taken a prescription painkiller without a doctor’s prescription.
- In 2016, 47 people in Elko County required the administration of naloxone (Narcan) following an overdose.
Even with lower rates of substance abuse than the state average, with very little access to treatment, Elko residents may feel concerned about how their addiction can be treated.
For more information on finding a treatment plan or rehab center near you, please reach out to a treatment specialist at RehabCenter.net.Article Sources
Nevada Department of Health and Human Services - http://gethealthycarsoncity.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/CCHHS-CHIP-Update-FINAL-12.2014.pdf