Top Drug Rehab Centers in Columbus, Nebraska
Substance Abuse In Columbus And Platte County
In Platte County, where Columbus is the county seat, drug use and addiction are lower than the state average. However, access to addiction treatment is scarce.
- Over two percent of residents 12 years and older have reported chemical dependence.
- Nearly four percent of these residents also reported having recently used prescription pain medication to get high.
- In Platte County, there are only four rehab centers treating substance abuse for a population of nearly 35,000.
- Only one rehab center in the county offers medication-assisted treatment options.
- Of those reporting chemical dependence, nearly 90 percent of individuals do not have access to the addiction treatment they need.
It may seem like there are not enough options for those seeking addiction treatment. A person can open the door to many opportunities by traveling to a new area to find a rehab center that fits his or her needs.
Traveling can also help a person complete treatment without distractions and find a program with a shorter waiting list. For more information on finding the best rehab center for you, reach out to a treatment specialist with RehabCenter.net today.Article Sources
The Foundation for AIDS Research - https://opioid.amfar.org/NE