3 Drug Rehab Centers Near Sunset Hills, Missouri
Substance Abuse In Sunset Hills And St. Louis County
Drug abuse involving heroin and other drugs has been on the rise in Sunset Hills and St. Louis County in recent years.
- The rate of heroin overdose deaths in St. Louis County rose from eight percent in 2010 to 12 percent in 2014.
- The rate of drug overdose deaths involving heroin in St. Louis County was 22.5 percent among the 25 to 44 age group, which was the highest rate. The 18 to 24 age group had the second-highest rate of 12.3 percent.
- In 2013, there were 88 heroin overdose deaths in St. Louis County. That increased to 110 deaths in 2014 and dropped slightly to 99 deaths in 2015.
- The drug overdose death rate in St. Louis County in 2010 was 15 percent and rose to 28 percent in 2016.
- The drug overdose death rate in St. Louis County from 2012 to 2016 was the highest among the 25 to 44 age group, which had a rate of 40.3 percent. The 18 to 24 age group had a drug overdose death rate of 22.3 percent.
Traveling For The Best Program
Undergoing treatment for a substance use disorder in one’s hometown offers the most convenience. However, there’s more to overcoming drug or alcohol addiction than convenience. In some cases, recovering individuals are better off looking outside their hometown to find suitable treatment options.
Searching in nearby cities and towns can provide the best fitting treatment plan for recovering from addiction. To learn more about alcohol and drug rehab centers in Missouri for yourself or someone you love, contact us today.Article Sources
United State Census Bureau - https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/community_facts.xhtml?src=bkmk
St. Louis County Public Health - https://www.stlouisco.com/portals/8/docs/health/health%20data/heroin%20deaths%20profile%2022416%20final.pdf