Top Drug Rehab Centers in Saint Joseph, Missouri
St. Joseph was the Pony Express starting point in the days of the Wild West, and with about 76,500 people, is the third-largest city in northwestern Missouri. Many residents in this city struggle with addiction and may not be aware of treatment options that are available.
Substance Abuse In St. Joseph And Buchanan County
Missouri’s Department of Mental Health maintains statistics on youth and adult substance use and treatment on a county level. Rates are available for Buchanan County for a variety of indicators, including alcohol and drug-related car crashes, youth substance use disorders, and treatment utilization.
- In 2017, 675 people in Buchanan County were admitted to substance use disorder treatment programs, including 211 for marijuana use disorders.
- In 2016, Buchanan County had 99 auto crashes related to drugs or alcohol, with one fatality.
- Pain medication was the most commonly misused prescription drug, accounting for 61.4 percent of people misusing substances in 2016.
- 28.3 percent of county residents reported binge drinking between 2012 and 2014.
- 57.4 percent of county residents reported using alcohol at least once a month between 2012 and 2014.
Traveling For The Best Program
St. Joseph has approximately 10 addiction treatment programs in the community, including outreach, medication-assisted treatment (MAT), residential treatment, and intensive and regular outpatient treatment programs. It is within one-half hour to one hour of additional programs in Atchison and Kansas City.
For those looking to expand their treatment selection, it may be worthwhile to seek a rehab program outside the city limits of St. Joseph. For help in finding a rehab program in Missouri that meets your unique needs, contact a treatment specialist today.Article Sources
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/locator?sAddr=St%20Joseph%2C%20Missouri%2C%20USA#
Missouri Department of Mental Health 2018 Behavioral Health Profile - https://dmh.mo.gov/docs/ada/commprofile2018-buchanan.pdf