Top Drug Rehab Centers in Kansas City, Missouri
Kansas City is a rapidly growing city that is also home to a rapidly growing addiction problem. Fortunately, Kansas City offers several rehabilitation options in order to provide treatment to those in need.
Substance Abuse In Kansas City And Jackson County
The Missouri Department of Mental Health maintains data regarding each county’s residents. The substance use rates for Kansas City and surrounding Jackson County paint a concerning picture:
- There were 132 drug-induced deaths in 2015, an increase from the 119 that was recorded in 2014.
- Seven methamphetamine labs were seized in 2016.
- In 2016, law enforcement made 3,841 arrests for drug-related activities and charges.
- Drugs and/or alcohol were involved in 658 automobile crashes in 2016.
- Sixteen people lost their lives in car wrecks that were alcohol- and/or drug-related.
Traveling For The Best Program
Like many other metro areas, Kansas City has struggled with an increasing substance use disorder problem. In many cases, breaking the cycle of easy access to suppliers of the drugs and providing individuals with the tools needed to facilitate their recovery begins in a location that is outside the city.
If traveling to find the best rehab program that matches a particular person’s needs is required, it’s a decision the individual will be glad they made. Treatment specialists are standing by to help family and friends find the best alcohol and drug rehab program for those they care about.Article Sources
Missouri Department of Mental Health - https://dmh.mo.gov/ada/countylinks/documents/indicator-jackson.pdf