5 Drug Rehab Centers Near Fulton, Missouri
Substance Abuse In Fulton And Callaway County
Fulton and Callaway County have an escalating drug problem, but alcohol seems to be the drug of choice for most residents. Some substance abuse facts about Fulton and Callaway County include:
- In 2013, 122 emergency room episodes related directly to alcohol use occurred in Callaway County, compared to 82 associated with drug use.
- In 2016, Callaway County reported 22 drug poisoning deaths per 100,000 people.
- In 2016, 21 percent of students stated they had alcohol in the previous two weeks. The state average is just 14.2 percent.
- That is twice the number that claimed to have misused prescription medication in that same period.
- Twenty-one percent of students believed they could easily buy street drugs in the areas, with pain medication being the most prevalent available. Thirty-two percent said it was easy to get marijuana.
Traveling For The Best Program
Fulton is a small town with only one outpatient option for drug and alcohol abuse treatment. Families might need to look at another area or travel to another state to find the rehab program they need. For more information about substance abuse treatment in Missouri, contact RehabCenter.net.Article Sources
FultonMO.gov - http://fultonmo.org/once-you-know/history/