3 Drug Rehab Centers in Florissant, Missouri
Substance Abuse In Florissant And St. Louis County
Florissant is part of St. Louis County, an area that had an estimated population of nearly one million as of 2016. The status report regarding Missouri’s Substance Use and Mental Health noted the following statistics for drug and alcohol abuse in Missouri:
- 2014 was the deadliest year for drug-induced deaths with 190 people losing their lives.
- In 2015, more than 2,000 people went to the hospital emergency room with a primary diagnosis of drug-related issues.
- Four methamphetamine labs were seized in 2016. Just two years earlier, 102 such facilities were shut down.
- In 2016, drugs were involved in 187 automobile crashes. Seven of those resulted in fatalities with an additional 95 having injuries.
- More than 2,700 individuals were admitted to substance use treatment programs. Of those, 992 people noted that heroin was their primary drug problem.
Traveling For The Best Program
No matter how diverse and established an area’s rehab centers, it’s not a guarantee that they are the best program for a particular individual. In some cases, finding the ideal substance use disorder treatment program could involve traveling to other areas.
Talking to a treatment specialist can help loved ones navigate this often confusing process. Contact us today and let us help you find the best rehab program in Missouri for your loved one.Article Sources
Missouri Department of Mental Health - https://dmh.mo.gov/ada/countylinks/documents/substancetreatment-saintlouiscounty.pdf
Missouri Department of Mental Health - https://dmh.mo.gov/ada/countylinks/documents/indicator-saintlouiscounty.pdf