5 Drug Rehab Centers Near Charleston, Missouri
Substance Abuse In Charleston And Mississippi County
Missouri maintains complete statistics on substance use disorders and risk factors in the state. Charleston is the seat of Mississippi County, which has a population of about 14,400 people, and the Missouri Department of Health statistics for substance use disorders cover the County.
- Methamphetamines were the most common drug that Mississippi County residents sought treatment for in 2017.
- Alcohol was the second-most common substance Mississippi County residents sought treatment for in 2015 and 2016.
- Alcohol treatment admissions dropped by more than 50 percent between 2016 and 2017.
- 40 people who sought treatment for substance use disorders in Mississippi County in 2017 also requested assistance for co-occurring psychological disorders.
- 28 people sought detox services in Mississippi County in 2017.
Traveling For The Best Program
Charleston has some outpatient rehab programs. Charleston residents in need of residential treatment, detox, or specialized services may need to travel to Cape Girardeau or farther to access programs to meet their needs.
While traveling may seem daunting at first, it may be the best decision a person can make for their recovery, so it’s important to keep this option open if necessary. Contact a treatment specialist to learn which rehab programs in Missouri may be best for you.Article Sources
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration - https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/locator?sAddr=Charleston%2C%20MO%2C%20USA
State of Missouri Department of Health Community - https://dmh.mo.gov/ada/countylinks/documents/substancetreatment-mississippi.pdf