4 Drug Rehab Centers in Royal Oak, Michigan
Royal Oak, Michigan has a population of over 57,000 people and is nearby Detroit and other large cities, such as Warren and St. Clair Shores. While there are outpatient addiction treatment centers in Royal Oak itself, residents will find residential options in the surrounding cities.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Substance Abuse In Royal Oak & Oakland County
Opioid abuse and drug overdoses have been an ongoing problem in Oakland County over the past few years. Data related to substance abuse in the area include:
- Between 2014 and 2016, Oakland County had 394 fatal drug overdoses.
- In 2016, the county had a total of almost 750,000 prescriptions for opioids, or around 6,035 opioid prescriptions per 10,000 people.
- There were 36 opioid overdose deaths and 11 heroin overdose deaths in Oakland County in 2016.
- Oakland County had a rate of 64 opioid prescriptions per 100 residents in 2017.
- In 2017, Oakland County had 312 drug overdose deaths. This number was four times more than the total number of traffic-related deaths and homicides in Oakland County in 2017.
How To Find Addiction Treatment
Being able to stay in Royal Oak for drug rehab may seem convenient. However, it might not be the most effective treatment option. This is why it’s important for Royal Oak residents to be willing to travel to another city or a different part of Michigan for rehab services if needed.
Traveling for treatment helps families find the best care for addiction without having to wait.
If you or someone you know need to find drug and alcohol rehab programs in Michigan or bordering states, please contact RehabCenter.net.Article Sources
amFAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/MI
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/michigan/2018/measure/factors/138/data