Top 4 Drug Rehab Centers in Jackson, Michigan
Jackson, Michigan’s central location near Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Battle Creek provides residents with a chemical dependency many options to explore for available rehab programs. The city is also home to a variety of rehab centers that address all aspects of addiction.
Substance Abuse In Jackson & Jackson County
Jackson County has had a growing problem with opioid use in recent years, including deaths from fentanyl overdoses. Take a look at some troubling overdose facts from the region:
- Jackson County had a total of 28 drug overdose fatalities between 2012 and 2014. That number went up to 43 fatalities from 2014 through 2016.
- Between 2014 and 2017, the number of drug-related deaths in Jackson County almost doubled from 42 to 76.
- In 2017, the county had 35 deaths from fentanyl substances, 17 deaths from heroin overdoses, and 21 deaths from cocaine overdoses.
- There were also 263 heroin overdoses and 25 opioid overdoses resulting in emergency room visits in 2017.
- In 2017, Jackson County had an opioid prescription rate of 73.9 percent per 100 residents.
How To Find Addiction Treatment
If local options do not provide the right kind of care, it’s important to find out what programs are offered in other cities, towns, and states. Gathering this information is part of making sure that patients find a rehab program that has availability and best fits their needs.Article Sources
amFAR - https://opioid.amfar.org/MI