4 Drug Rehab Centers in Hastings, Michigan
Hastings, Michigan is the seat of Barry County, as well as the only city in the county. The town is home to 7,300 people, and each year over 3,000 people converge on the town for its annual Barry-Roubaix cycling event.
Even though it’s a small community in a quiet county, Hastings residents can still struggle with addiction. For care and support, local treatment centers are available.
Substance Abuse In Hastings & Barry County
Since Barry County’s only community is the city of Hastings, addiction statistics for the county also relate to statistics in the city. In spite of its small size, Hastings and Barry County still find themselves struggling with addiction:
- In Barry County, nine people died due to drug overdose in 2016.
- Opioids were the most common reason for these deaths, and were involved in five fatalities.
- Heroin was responsible for one of the deaths.
- In 2014, over four percent of the population admitted to non-medical use of pain relievers.
- Also in 2014, almost three percent of the population admitted to drug dependence.
How To Find Addiction Treatment
Traveling for treatment can often be effective for finding a program straight away. Not only does traveling open the door to more available and personalized treatment options, but it also helps individuals get away from the temptations that the home environment creates that can increase the risk of relapse.Article Sources