4 Drug Rehab Centers in Hamtramck, Michigan
With a location that’s close to downtown Detroit, residents of Hamtramck, Michigan have access to a variety of drug and alcohol rehab centers. For residents wanting to find treatment in Hamtramck itself, there are limited programs available.
Substance Abuse In Hamtramck & Wayne County
Opioid abuse has become a major problem in Wayne County, especially over the last few years. Take a look at some overdose-related facts for the area:
- The total number of drug overdose fatalities in the county was 1,708 from 2014 to 2016.
- There were 575 fatal drug overdoses in Wayne County in 2015. Opioid overdoses made up 400 of these fatalities.
- Between October 2014 and September 2015, fentanyl overdoses made up around half of Wayne County’s overdose deaths.
- Wayne County had a 77.4 percent rate of opioid prescriptions per 100 residents in 2017.
- In 2017, the county had 756 drug-related deaths.
How To Find Addiction Treatment
Finding the right alcohol or drug rehab program is essential for a healthy recovery. Those living in Hamtramck have limited rehab programs available, so it is important to see what services are offered in other cities and towns. Checking other places for rehab programs means that individuals have a better opportunity to find the best option for their needs.