4 Drug Rehab Centers Near Essexville, Michigan
Essexville, Michigan is located in Bay County and has a population of around 3,400 people. Residents with a chemical dependency have limited options for treatment within the city itself. However, Essexville is located near Midland, Saginaw, and other bigger cities, which provides residents with multiple treatment programs to consider.
Substance Abuse In Essexville & Bay County
Bay County has had problems with the overuse of opioid substances and drug overdoses for several years. These drug-related facts put the problem in perspective:
- Bay County had 63 drug overdose deaths from 2012 to 2014. This total increased to 71 fatal drug overdoses from 2014 through 2016.
- In 2015, Bay County had a total of 13 deaths caused by opioid and heroin overdoses.
- Bay County had a rate of 86.6 opioid prescriptions written per 100 people in 2017.
- In 2017, the county had 28 deaths due to opioids.
- Between January and June 2018, Bay County had a total of 17 opioid deaths.
How To Find Addiction Treatment
Going to another city or town can end up being necessary for families to find proper care. It’s not unusual for local treatments centers to have limited availability. With different kinds of treatment programs available, traveling can provide several options to consider. This can help make sure the person with addiction finds the right program for them in a timely manner.Article Sources
amFAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/MI
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/michigan/2018/measure/factors/138/data