4 Drug Rehab Centers Near Brownstown, Michigan
Brownstown, Michigan is located close to downtown Detroit and other cities, which gives residents more choices in terms of drug and alcohol rehab centers. Although the treatment options in Brownstown are limited, there are convenient travel routes to other rehab facilities.
Substance Abuse In Brownstown & Wayne County
Wayne County has been having major issues with opioid abuse, especially over the last few years. Consider some drug-related facts from the region:
- Wayne County had a total of 1,139 fatal drug overdoses between 2012 and 2014. This total increased significantly to 1,708 drug overdose deaths between 2014 and 2016.
- In 2015, Wayne County had 400 opioid overdose deaths out of a total of 575 drug-related deaths.
- Between October 2014 and September 2015, roughly 50 percent of overdose deaths were due to fentanyl.
- In 2016, Wayne County had a total of 454 drug overdose deaths, which represents a rate of 25.80 deaths per 100,000 people.
- In 2017, the county had 756 drug-related deaths.
How To Find Addiction Treatment
If individuals find that options in town are limited, as is the case in Brownstown, they should check out rehab centers in other towns and cities. Traveling to another place for treatment can help individuals make sure they receive the best care for their condition as soon as possible.Article Sources
amFAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/MI
National Drug Early Warning System - https://ndews.umd.edu/sites/ndews.umd.edu/files/u1424/detroit_scs_drug_use_patterns_and_trends_2016.pdf