4 Drug Rehab Centers Near Birmingham, Michigan
Birmingham, Michigan is a smaller city surrounded by larger communities like Pontiac, Royal Oak, and Troy. Although Birmingham has limited choices for addiction treatment, this location provides residents with plenty of accessible rehab center options in the area.
Substance Abuse In Birmingham & Oakland County
Oakland County has had serious problems with opioid overuse, especially during the last few years. Take a look at some troubling substance abuse facts from the county:
- Oakland County had a total of 340 deaths due to drug overdoses from 2012 to 2014. This number went up to 394 drug overdose deaths between 2014 and 2016.
- In 2016, Oakland County had nearly 750,000 written opioid prescriptions, which works out to roughly 6,035 prescriptions per 10,000 residents.
- Oakland County had a total of 165 opioid-related deaths in 2016.
- In 2017, Oakland County had a written opioid prescription rate of 64 per 100 people.
- Oakland County had 312 overdose deaths in 2017, which was four times higher than the combined total of homicides and traffic fatalities that year.
How To Find Addiction Treatment
When individuals with addiction need treatment, it’s essential to find the best program available. Staying local for rehab is not necessarily the most suitable choice, especially in cities and towns like Birmingham that have limited options. Looking around in other cities, or even going to a different state, can provide more rehab programs to choose from.Article Sources
amFAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/MI
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/michigan/2018/measure/factors/138/data
Oakland County Health Department - http://accessoakland.oakgov.com/pages/oakland-county-opioid-initiative