Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Millbury, Massachusetts
Millbury’s name indicates its history as one of Massachusetts’ mill towns, with much of its historical economy and lifestyle revolving around mills which took advantage of water power in the Blackstone River. With slightly more than 13,000 people, Millbury is a community-oriented small town with a few drug and alcohol rehab centers.
Substance Abuse In Millbury & Worcester County
Worcester County has an active substance use disorder coalition, which operates a number of educational, outreach, and prevention programs. The State of Massachusetts also maintains complete statistics on substance use risk factors and treatment admissions among adults and teens:
- According to Worcester County, 148 opioid-related overdose deaths occurred in 2016 and over 1,100 people were hospitalized.
- 269 people from Millbury were admitted for substance use disorder treatment in 2014/15.
- More than 60% of Millbury residents who received treatment in 2014/15 requested assistance for heroin use.
- 27.8% of Millbury residents who received treatment for substance use disorders in 2014/2015 requested assistance for alcohol use.
Traveling For The Best Program
Millbury is located within a short drive of Worcester, where residents can access short-term and long-term residential substance use disorder treatment. If you’re still unable to find a treatment center best for your needs, be open to traveling elsewhere in Massachusetts. For help finding the best program in Massachusetts, contact RehabCenter.net.
Find a Rehab Center in Millbury, Massachusetts
South Middlesex Opportunity Council Rhodes to Recovery
- Dual diagnosis treatment (Persons with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders)
- Addiction treatment for persons with HIV/AIDS
- Addiction treatment for women
- Aftercare addiction treatment (Halfway houses, sober living facilities)
- Residential long-term inpatient treatment (60, 90, 120 days)
**The facilities and organizations mentioned in this article are not affiliated with RehabCenter.net
Click here to view our Treatment Center Inclusion Policy