Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Everett, Massachusetts
Everett, Massachusetts is a small but growing city in Middlesex County, less than 10 miles from Boston. The town has a rich history and is becoming a popular location for filming big-screen movies. But like many American cities, the residents of Everett are witnessing the tragedy of substance abuse, particularly the rise of opioid and heroin addiction.
Substance Abuse In Everett & Middlesex County
The entire state of Massachusetts has seen first-hand the devastating effects of substance abuse. The rise of opioid and heroin use in Middlesex County has had a tragic effect on individuals and families, in many cases causing death and irreparable emotional and financial damage to survivors. Consider these statistics from Middlesex County:
- 357 opioid-related overdose deaths were reported in Middlesex County in 2017, the highest of any county in Massachusetts.
- Statewide, almost 3% of individuals 12 and older abused or were dependent on illicit drugs during the survey year 2013-2014.
- 823 residents of Everett sought admission to a treatment facility is 2017. Of those admissions, 70% of patients reported using heroin in the past month, while 44% reported alcohol use.
Traveling For The Best Program
The best rehab program for you or your loved one may not be located in your hometown. Everett’s close proximity to a large city like Boston opens up many more options to those seeking recovery from drug or alcohol addiction. Speak to one of our treatment specialists for more information about choosing a treatment facility or program in Massachusetts.
Find a Rehab Center in Everett, Massachusetts
Eliot Community Human Health Services
- Court ordered alcohol treatment for DUI/DWI offenders
- Court ordered addiction treatment
- Outpatient counseling treatment
- Holistic rehabilitation treatment, alternative treatment
**The facilities and organizations mentioned in this article are not affiliated with RehabCenter.net
Click here to view our Treatment Center Inclusion Policy