2 Drug Rehab Centers In Pasadena, Maryland
In Pasadena, Maryland, those facing substance abuse struggles will find local treatment options that can provide the help they need.
Located in Anne Arundel County in Maryland, the community of Pasadena is home to over 24,000 people. Its proximity to the large urban center of Baltimore means many Pasadena residents battle substance abuse issues. Local addiction treatment facilities can help.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
Though rehab centers near Pasadena may be easy to find, they may not be the best fit for each individual. Sometimes, traveling for addiction treatment is a better option because it opens the door to a wide range of treatment possibilities.
A person may find even greater success in a rehab program outside of Maryland because the change of environment and removal of triggers helps them focus on recovery.
Substance Abuse In Pasadena And Anne Arundel County
Addiction is a serious concern for Pasadena residents. Every year, many people in the Anne Arundel community lose their friends or family members to this devastating disease.
Anne Arundel County has a relatively high rate of addiction-related deaths, as these statistics show:
- In 2017, Anne Arundel County had the third highest number of alcohol and drug overdose deaths in Maryland.
- That year, 257 people died due to overdose in Anne Arundel County.
- This was a rate of 44.8 deaths per 100,000 people.
- In 2014, 4.14 percent of the population admitted to improperly using prescription painkillers.
- Also, 2.67 percent of the population admitted to drug dependency problems that same year.
amfAR.org - https://opioid.amfar.org/MD