Top 2 Drug Rehab Centers In Hyattsville, Maryland
Located close to a large metropolitan area, Hyattsville has many with addiction. Local substance abuse treatment facilities aim to help with these issues by providing effective and comprehensive care.
Substance Abuse In Hyattsville And Prince George’s County
As a community in Prince George’s County, Hyattsville faces an intense battle with addiction. Many community residents are fighting this disease, which has far-reaching consequences.
The following substance abuse statistics show the difficulty of this struggle:
- In 2017, Prince George’s County had the fourth-highest number of opioid overdose deaths of all Maryland counties, with 167 people dying due to drugs or alcohol.
- The most common drug found in these deaths was fentanyl, which was responsible for 103 deaths.
- Heroin was found in 52 of the deaths.
- Prescription opioids were responsible for 14 of the deaths.
- In 2017, Prince George’s County had the fourth highest number of deaths in Maryland.
Traveling For The Best Program
The right alcohol and drug rehab program can make the difference between someone continuing to struggle with addiction and finding long-term success in recovery.
Those who are searching for treatment near Hyattsville may find that the best opportunity is actually located far from home. Traveling to another city or state for substance abuse treatment removes the temptations of home that make relapse more likely.Article Sources
Baltimore Business Journal - https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2018/07/27/opioids-continue-towreak-havoc-in-maryland-heres.html