Top 3 Drug Rehab Centers In Eldersburg, Maryland
Addiction struggles have been part of the Eldersburg community’s history, which makes local addiction treatment facilities a vital asset to those who live in Eldersburg.
Substance Abuse In Eldersburg And Carroll County
Eldersburg and Carroll County have been seeing increasing numbers for addiction rates in recent years. As drug-related deaths go up, county officials continue to look for a solution as local addiction treatment centers reach out to help individuals.
Some substance abuse statistics that show this trend are:
- In 2017, 60 people lost their lives due to drugs in Carroll County.
- That was a rate of 35.8 deaths per 100,000 people.
- The majority of these deaths involved fentanyl, a highly potent opioid drug.
- In 2014, 3.75 percent of Carroll County residents admitted to non-medical use of prescription drugs.
- Also, 2.5 percent of the population admitted to having a drug abuse problem.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
When someone is ready to get help for addiction, it is crucial that choose they an effective rehab program that aligns with their unique situation.
This may require a person to travel away from Eldersburg and even out of Maryland to access the best possible addiction treatment option.Article Sources
amfAR.org - http://opioid.amfar.org/MD
Baltimore Business Journal - https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2018/07/27/opioids-continue-towreak-havoc-in-maryland-heres.html