Top 4 Drug Rehab Centers Near Dundalk, Maryland
As a suburb of Baltimore, Dundalk faces many problems with alcohol and drug addiction that are common to an urban area. Thankfully, residents can seek help and support through local substance abuse resources.
Traveling For A Rehab Program
Whether there are substance abuse treatment facilities in your city or not, it can be advantageous to travel for a rehab program. Searching other Maryland communities or even other states can present many more options.
Having a choice of where to enroll increases the chance that you will choose a treatment program suited to your unique needs. This makes it more likely that you will fully engage in treatment and attain lasting recovery.
Substance Abuse In Dundalk And Baltimore County
Baltimore County is among the top counties in the United States for its number of addiction-related deaths. Dundalk is in the thick of this problem.
Substance abuse statistics point to the severe nature of the issue in Baltimore County:
- In 2017, Baltimore County reported 367 deaths due to drugs or alcohol addiction.
- This was the second-highest number in Maryland, second only to Baltimore City.
- Of these deaths, 244 were connected to fentanyl.
- An additional 170 involved heroin.
- Prescription opioids were found in 123 of these deaths.
Baltimore Business Journal - https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2018/07/27/opioids-continue-towreak-havoc-in-maryland-heres.html