Drug Rehab Centers In Crownsville, Maryland
Though Crownsville is a relatively small place, its location in Anne Arundel County puts it in the center of a Maryland region that has been hit hard by the opioid crisis. Substance abuse programs in the Crownsville area hope to stop the increase of opioid overdoses by providing quality care.
Choosing The Best Rehab Program
Adults who suffer from chemical dependency need to find a rehab program that is best suited to their situation. This may be a residential addiction treatment facility or a clinic that provides outpatient services.
Exploring options outside of Crownsville, and even outside of Maryland, gives these individuals more places to choose from, which can increase their odds of selecting a treatment program that leads to success.
Substance Abuse In Crownsville And Anne Arundel County
Opioid use has become a significant problem in Anne Arundel County, particularly during the past few years.
- Anne Arundel County had 1,083 overdoses involving opioids in 2018. More than 70 percent of these involved fentanyl.
- In 2017, there were 1,097 overdoses in Anne Arundel County involving opioids. This represents an increase of 171 percent from 2014.
- There were 108 deaths due to fentanyl overdoses in 2017, a staggering increase from only six fentanyl-related deaths in 2013.
- During this same period, heroin-related deaths increased from 41 to 91.
- There were 932 emergency room visits due to opioid overdoses in Anne Arundel County in 2017 compared to 489 of these visits in 2014.
Overall, Anne Arundel County had 470 fatalities due to drug overdoses between 2014 and 2016. Further overdose deaths may be prevented by addicted individuals seeking treatment before it is too late.Article Sources
Anne Arundel County Department of Health - https://www.aahealth.org/anne-arundel-county-report-card-2018/
Anne Arundel County Department of Health - https://www.aahealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/opioid-related-data-12-18-2018-1.pdf
Baltimore Business Journal - https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2018/07/27/opioids-continue-towreak-havoc-in-maryland-heres.html
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/maryland/2018/measure/factors/138/data