3 Drug Rehab Centers in Catonsville, Maryland
Learn about Catonsville, Maryland rehab centers that offer dual diagnosis treatment, detox, and customized residential rehab programs.
Catonsville, Maryland is part of Baltimore County, one of the areas on the state that has experienced great trouble with drug abuse, particularly opioids.
Alcohol and drug rehab centers in Catonsville bring hope to individuals who struggle with substance abuse and addiction.
Substance Abuse In Catonsville And Baltimore County
The Catonsville area has had significant problems with opioid addiction and overdoses, especially over the last few years. Here are some Baltimore County substance abuse statistics from 2017:
- Baltimore County had 367 deaths associated with drugs or alcohol in 2017.
- 244 of these deaths involving fentanyl, 170 resulted from heroin, 123 from cocaine, and 87 from prescription opioids.
- Alcohol overdoses resulted in 71 fatalities.
- Drug-related deaths in Baltimore County occurred at a rate of 50.7 deaths per 100,000 residents.
- 63.5 opioid prescriptions were written for every 100 people in Baltimore County.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Traveling For The Best Rehab Program
Catonsville residents who are looking for addiction treatment should keep in mind that different rehab programs are available in other cities and states. Before a person determines where to go to for care, they should explore several different treatment programs to find which fits them best.
Taking this step is an essential part of ensuring that an individual receives the most appropriate care for their recovery process, which can increase the chance of lasting results.Article Sources
amfAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/MD
Baltimore Business Journal - https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2018/07/27/opioids-continue-towreak-havoc-in-maryland-heres.html
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/maryland/2018/measure/factors/138/data
Maryland Department of Health - https://bha.health.maryland.gov/OVERDOSE_PREVENTION/Documents/Drug_Intox_Report_2017.pdf