4 Drug Rehab Centers Near Belcamp, Maryland
Rehab centers in Belcamp, or Riverside, feature individualized treatment programs and holistic care with alternative therapies like massage and music therapy.
“Belcamp” is often used interchangeably with “Riverside” to refer to the Hartford County, Maryland town. Belcamp and Hartford County residents have experienced some tragic issues with alcohol and drug abuse.
Substance Abuse In Belcamp And Harford County
The 2015 Harford County Community Health Needs Assessment noted the critical substance abuse statistics below:
- Sixteen percent of Harford County’s population is likely to drink excessively compared to the Maryland state average of 15 percent and the national average of 10 percent.
- In 2013, 36 people died as a result of alcohol intoxication.
- That same year, 22 individuals died because of heroin.
- Fourteen individuals lost their lives due to prescription opioids.
- From 2012 to 2013, Harford County saw a 45 percent spike in the number of newborns born to mothers exposed to drugs and/or alcohol.
Traveling For The Best Program
Finding the best rehab program for a loved one is a task that often falls to their family. Because Belcamp is such a small community, families may want to look to neighboring cities or states for more addiction treatment options.
Traveling for treatment has the added benefit of removing distractions and triggers that are so often present at home.Article Sources