Top 4 Drug Rehab Centers Near Arnold, Maryland
Explore luxury inpatient rehab programs near Arnold, Maryland that include equine therapy and massage. Click to learn more.
Arnold, a census-designated place that is part of the greater Annapolis area, has been touched by the opioid epidemic like most Maryland cities.
Dramatic increases in opioid abuse and overdose have alerted nearby addiction treatment centers to provide hope for those struggling with addiction in Arnold.
Substance Abuse In Arnold And Anne Arundel County
Anne Arundel County has experienced problems with deaths due to alcohol and fatal drug overdoses, especially involving opioids.
- In 2018, Anne Arundel County had 1,083 opioid overdoses (166 were fatal). 71 percent of these overdoses involved fentanyl.
- In 2017, Anne Arundel County had 1,097 opioid overdoses, which was a 171 percent increase from 2014.
- Between 2013 and 2017, fentanyl overdose deaths in Anne Arundel County increased from six to 108. Heroin deaths in that same period jumped from 41 to 91, and prescription opioid deaths went from 28 to 33.
- Anne Arundel County saw a total of 932 emergency room visits from opioid overdoses in 2017. This was a steep increase from 489 ER visits in 2014.
- Between 2012 and 2016, Anne Arundel County had 75 deaths due to alcohol-impaired driving.
Traveling For A Rehab Program
Overcoming chemical dependency and adopting a sober lifestyle requires the right treatment.
Individuals in the Arnold area who are exploring rehab programs should check other parts of Maryland or even other states to find the best treatment plan for their personal situation.Article Sources
Anne Arundel County Department of Health - https://www.aahealth.org/anne-arundel-county-report-card-2018/
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/maryland/2018/measure/factors/134/data